View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 07:42 PM   #55
Asp

Asp RSS Feed
Re: SW:TOR Pre-order

I'll follow shamelessly after Hamma with our reasoning on our server choice so far..

We went with RP-PVP as (in WoW at least) it tended to cut down on the asshat population somewhat in the player base..

Bioware in a feat of heroic stupidity only gave us 2 RP-PVP servers (one east and one west coast) initially. Which is why Jung Ma filled up so quickly, and has a high queue. I'm rather confident that bioware will address this issue quickly as it's in their best interest to have as smooth a launch as possible (I remember ridiculous queues at WoW's beginning too).. Their servers may have had an artificial population limit as one way to shape the traffic of players heading to particular servers. Today there was no queue (that I saw) all day, even in prime time, so they may have adjusted the population limits on their heavy loaded servers.
I'd also imagine that if the issue is persistent, they'll allow (much like Blizzard did) players to transfer off high pop servers onto new servers. In which case we would make a call on either moving or staying put and hope Bioware gets the balance right.

Some of our guys were talking about this as well, but the problem is over 75% of the servers on the NA list were full, so there'd be queues there too. Even the "very heavy" servers could be that way today, full tomorrow. It's a gamble whatever we do.

The queues suck, no doubt about it.. My advice would be to ride it out, see what bioware has in mind to deal with the issue first, and decide to pull or not the ejector seat then. The population will either right itself or they'll allow us to transfer to a new server. Not sure how much playing musical servers would help when you look at how full they almost all are now quite frankly..

It'd be great to play with you guys, so I hope we're all on the same server; but that's basically our thought process at the moment. We're going to give it a chance, wait and see. Though if the opportunity comes to move and it's a good deal, we'll certainly let you guys know..

asp@dragonwolves.com

Last edited by Asp; 12-19-2011 at 07:47 PM.
Asp is offline   Reply With Quote