Old 09-15-2006, 02:24 PM   #14
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Re: [Keyboard Review] Logitech G15

I found the Zboard to be very functional (though not very durable...do not drop or throw or have your leg yank the cable). It's got a lot of good baseline features for WoW. Where the G15 excels is the ability to do very complex commands with the push of a button. For instance, I have a lot of addons that take chat-line input, so rather than tying up a macro button with them, I can put it on a G key and move on.

For example, my G1 key is /gatherer report, G2 is /accountant and G3 is /tacklebox switch. Any of those keys could be macros inside of WoW and work exactly the same, but it frees up action button slots and cleans up my UI while still providing the same ease of use. I also use the middle bank to basically run my pets with attack and stance positioning.

The fact that WoW now supports the G15 LCD and sends various amounts of information to it is also very nice (espeically on my hunter when it tells me exactly what my ammo count is).

Still, the Zboard and WoW keyset is very nice and I certainly wore mine out before I went to the G15. It's really that the G15 can be used in any application without changing the keyset that made it the better value for me.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote