View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 08:33 AM   #11
Freebird
PlanetSide Characters

Freebird RSS Feed
Quote:
Originally posted by Giljo[TKB]
WTF freebird,, you arent going to go play that are you?

You stoked PS for eeeeever and ever and now I never see you online

what gives you turkey

Gil
No I'm not switching. I saw this and thought it was interesting, but I'm not going to play SWG and strictly sticking with PS.

But it's a bit frustrating for me to play. I have horrible lag all the time and feel very ineffective when I'm in the game. The most I've ever felt effective is when I'm doing my engineering bit with healing up tanks and putting out mines and spitfires (which seem to last about 4-6 seconds). Just check my kills. I don't get very many. In beta, things were okay and I was able to rack up a number of kills with no problem, but now with the lattice system to create fronts, there are so many people in a battle that it's very difficult to aim at any thing that's jerking across the screen and having the screen go black and then finding out that I died. I've never been a big kill guy (except as a heavy in T2 on maps like Beggars Run), but it's pretty rare that I get any kills.

Also, when I am on, it seems like we get pushed off of the bases that either we are trying to take or the ones we are trying to launch assults on. In the last three weeks, I've advanced 1 1/2 battle ranks and have only been present for about 7 base captures. It's frustrating, but I'm sticking with it. I'm hoping the the net code will improve (so we can take advantage of our weapons) and they will do something about balance: ie, VS has to aim while the TR and NC have a number of weapons that are spray and pray which work well.

I'm on every Wednesday night and try to get on at least once or twice more a week, but it's been busy at my place.

Hmmpf...sorry about the rant.

What do ya do? :shrugs:

Last edited by Freebird; 06-18-2003 at 08:41 AM.
Freebird is offline   Reply With Quote