View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 11:15 AM   #55
Fyunch Click

Fyunch Click RSS Feed
My personal views regarding the Vanu AI Max, and general grumbles.

1st grumble: The VS use energy weapons, that would imply some form of powerplant or energy source, not cartridges that are fired. My thoughts are do away with "ammo" for energy weapons. Make them run off a man portable powerplant, if you run down the power you cannot fire, sort of like overheating your guns in BF1942 or in Wolfenstein and/or you can overcharge the shot as well, again temporarily preventing you from firing again immediately. That makes more logical sense to me: A weapon, that if used properly, can always fire and NEVER run out of ammo.
It seems to me that that is a better idea of the combination of Alien Tech and such.

As to the Vanu AI MAX: That is my baby.
For all intensive purposes Vanu HAS to be in balanced squads moving together, one Vanu cannot and will not be able to go toe to toe with either enemy.
The Secondary fire on the Max is useless, AFAIC. Why? Beause it's fire rate far outstrips it's ammo supply and it's less effective.
I say didtch the secondary fire and if we must have ammo, double the ammo amount.
Don't get me wrong, the AI Max can kick some serious NC tail. I took out around 12-15 people in a base stairwell and allowed our group to enter the base. It wa a pain in the ass to have to reload every 3 seconds though.
I like the feel of the AI Max, it plays well within the group, (as long as compatriots don't run in front of my guns )
But the Vanu have to work together and be coordinated, no lone wolfing it on the Vanu side. The other sides allow much more of the Lone Wolf approach, IMHO, due to their firepower and armor.

I think that the Vanu grav vehicles should be able to go over water of any depth, much like hovercraft can do now.
I think that removing the damage to Vanu from a Lasher was a step in the right direction.
I would also like to see the cone of fire cut in half for all energy weapons.
I would like to see a damage increase for Vanu weapons of around 25-35%. All our bullets are supposed to be "default" AP which is why unless the target is shielded the target should recieve more damage. Failing that a reduction in damage of 15-20% of the other sides would be fair.

The game is fun, if still a bit wonky, I would just like to see the Vanu be able to better "compete" militarily with the other sides.

Beware the poodart!

Fyunch Click is offline   Reply With Quote