SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Re: SW:TOR Pre-order

Rocket:
Latency can be tricky depending on the path you have to take to get to the server. Sometimes it's not a big deal, others it's horrid. MMOs aren't exempt from it, you just have a larger cushion than an FPS. Playing at 500ms provides a very not-good experience with people snagging mobs before you or being behind on what your role should be doing in a group (since you're working that little bit slower). That said, I've played on EU servers for various things and found servers in the 150-250ms range which is just fine, and others where it was 700ms+. Lot of variables at work but assuming we ever pick a place to end up and it works for you, the more the merrier.

Swad:
I agree. I can put up with 20-30 minute queues for a short time, but much more than that and I start wandering to other places. There's just too many questions about what will and won't happen at the moment which sucks, but like Stang said it's nothing new for this sort of thing. We did the same thing in WoW, same thing in WAR. Just have to be patient and figure it out.

On the upside, the game is fun at least. Review of the Night from CB:

"Wow! Bioware did a great job with the women in this game. When I say something I think they'll like, they get mad at me but when I do something that seems certain to piss them off they're ok with it. I'm so confused about what I should and shouldn't be saying...it's just like every woman I know!"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote