Thread: Doom 3
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004, 09:39 AM   #12
xenophex

xenophex RSS Feed
I installed SP2 two days ago and haven't had any issues. I had actually rebuilt last weekend though so it was a fresh install of XP.
I do zero overclocking though just due to the fact that since the 600P3 days I've never had a stable system when I do that. Some games were over sensitive, some just would belly ache. For the 3 - 5% boost in performance it just was never worth it.

I'm a Programmer for a living so I need a stable system. Don't need my computer crashing while I'm working in VS.NET or Flash MX 2004 loosing work.

I took my Mushkin ram to 2-2-2-6 timing and Command and Conquer would always complain about a hardware overheating error. There were other misc oddities on the system so I took the mem back to its default 2-3-2-6 and have been stable ever since.

My Abit IC7-Max 3 has the Turbo + mode for the memory to which made the system unstable as well. As much as I love to tweak its just boiled down to paying for performance instead of altering variables and ending up with alot of belly aching and crashes.
xenophex is offline   Reply With Quote