View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 01:09 PM   #6
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke
Re: Happy Birthday ATF.

Regardless of how it came about, it did and here we are.

Three years or so ago some guys I worked with talked me into playing WoW. I had never really played any online games so I thought it would be fun. For whatever reasons we started out on the Windrunner server. After a short time over there, one of the guys said "we need to move over to Mal'Ganis. I know a guy over there in a really cool guild and we can join up with them". Now, being new to the whole online experience, I was quite happy just playing with the real life friends and wasn't real excited about - first, switching servers and abandoning that level 12 dwarf I had worked hard to level and second, being thrust into having to "deal" with a bunch of internet yo-yo's I didn't know. I mean, we had our 4 man group - what did we need all these other clowns for? What the hell was a guild?!?!?!?

Well, anyway, we made the move.

We basically kept to ourselves the first couple months or so, still grouping only with each other and basically ignoring the other folks in the guild. And for the most part, the other guild folks ignored us. Sometime shortly thereafter, I recall Shoddy organizing an Alliance server scavenger hunt and I was volunteered/drafted to help. As far as I can remember (i'm old you know), this was my first real interaction with some of the other ATF folks. I remember a lot of names from those days that are long gone but I also recall thinking that some of these folks ain't too bad and this whole guild thing might be fun after all.

Anyway, one thing lead to another. Folks came and went - including my buddies from work - and there were some hard times mixed in with a lot of good ones. As any family, there have been some internal squabbles but in the end, like most families - we might fight with each other but the outsode folks best not get involved.

Along the way, we've all made some good friends and hell, some people even got married. I can only think of a few folks that I was maybe glad to see move on somewhere else but for the most part, almost everyone here has in some way contributed to the overall fun and enjoyment I think we've all had.

The bottom line is that I can not imagine having spent the last 3+ years playing this or any other game without being associated with the ATF folks. I appreciate the efforts of Gryph, Stang and all the other pre-Warcraft folks that made this all possible.

Where else could you find all this much fun?
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote