Old 09-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #3
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Re: Good opening weekend for ATF?

Well, to be fair...they were playing an unknown d-coordinator who did an excellent job of playing a plain vanilla offense in the preseason (i.e. - no film of what they would be doing) who just happened to be schooled by one of the best defensive schemers in the history of the NFL. Of the turnovers I saw, I'd blame Jake for two of them (the 2 picks by Brown..he threw the first one behind the receiver and just made a horrible decision on the second).

The interception by Jordan and the fumble should be attributed to the offensive line, especially the fumble...good GOD did Trent Cole have an absolutely clean shot on him. Protect the football sure, but the shock of seeing a standing D-lineman coming COMPLETELY unblocked is rather unnerving. The last INT I think was just him trying to get it to his playmaker and having him be covered by a better playmaker. He gave Steve the chance, Asante just took it away. Credit Samuel more than you blame Delhomme.

I think another chance against Atlanta is fair...what's stupid was giving him a huge extension after that Arizona debacle...

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote