Thread: Red Orchestra 2
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM   #1
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
Red Orchestra 2

FINE, RESTART THE PRESSES <--- second edit

Dane said I have to give it a bit more time before giving it a and get a refund.

STOP THE PRESSES <--- first edit

It wasn't the game I remember from back when it was a UT2K4 mod / the first standalone game. Getting a refund here and I don't really recommend it. Not really judging it based on buggy beta code so much as the gameplay just isn't appealing anymore. Battlefield games are far more enjoyable. It did do a few things right, though, like the cover system and some other odds and ends. Overall, though--meh.

I know this isn't a PC FPS clan, but since two of us will be playing it some, I figure it can't hurt to mention. For anyone else interested, Red Orchestra 2 Digital Deluxe Edition (DDE) beta starts tomorrow per this info. This essentially is a two week lead into playing the game before retail while doing some testing as well.

For anyone who doesn't know about Red Orchestra, it is a WWII FPS game set on the eastern front between Germany and Russia. It is probably one of the most realistic based FPS games out there, so it's very much a niche game. Never the less, it doesn't really sacrifice fun to accomplish this and is a fun and unique FPS gaming experience.

Website
Various Information
Preview Write-up

Last edited by Swad; 09-02-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote