phalanx

phalanx RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to phalanx
Quote:
Originally posted by SmackDab
Man these posts are going to change things one of two ways:

1. Change VS weapons to make them more powerful
2. Take VS MAX JumpJet away, then make weapons more powerful

Man I care SHIT about what other team's weapons do, I will NOT EVER IN MY LIFE give up the ability to go over walls, onto roof tops, OVER enemy heads, all the firepower in the world I'd trade for this ONE ability.

Sure our grunts might be underpowered and an infantry against a MAX isn't purty, but damn, our MAX is the SHIT when compared to ability. SO what if I have to reload at least once it's so worth it.

Think this, when attacking a base from TR or NC's point of view you are REQUIRED to hit the base via front door into court yard or through some door entrance out on the wall, that's it (unless bailing from a vehicle). WIth us, there is no way possible what so ever to defend against unlimited points of entry for our MAX armor. Once inside the tunnels it's the same game for all and that might suck but out in the open we RULE the offensive strike capability.

BESIDES, bottom line, if you hate their weapons, KILL THEM AND STEAL THEM, you can still use it if you have the certs.

First, there's no reason to take away jumpjets, they are the only thing that keep VS in any battle.

When you attack a base from the the other 2 empires pov, infantry is mainly used and not the max. this is because their infantry can hold their own against max's; the use of their maxes is support, what the dev's intended for the max. If it was hard for any reason for them to go through the front door, they could just hop into a prowler or vanguard (hope to god they never become coordinated and bring 3 or 4) is surely NOT going to have any problem with that.

As VS, a base assault without max's is unheard of (and impossible), especially now with the lattice system. since we don't have a weapon that resembles a cycler (or phoenix, or whatever in power) many infantry chose to use common pool weapons (decimater, punisher), meaning there would be no situation in which they would have any advantage over enemy forces. that is why so many VS max's are around. But because there are so many max's, the use of vehicles is hindered.

Let's look at just non-common pool matters:

Outside, while our max's might have some mobility advantage, NC has a clear overall advantage with phoenix's and vanguards.
Inside, well there is no vs advantage i can think of. the lasher probably, i have never used it. but i can tell you TR has the overall advantage with max's and mini-chainguns. have you ever seen a cc room with 2 locked down TR max's completely obliterating anything that got close to it? there is no offense to that. none. it's possible to start the "what if" senarios, but that only that- what if. what if i spent time and inventory space to pick up non-vs weapons. what if non-vs empires had to do the same.

Last night there was a newbie with a vanguard (i'm calling him a noob because he obviously didn't know what to do, ex, he was spinning his turret around in circles) outside our tower, and pinned down about 20 or so people inside the tower for quite some time. someone on ts said to me "what do you expect its a fucking tank!" I expect balance. When was the last time you saw a VS noob hold down 20 people by himself?

Don't get me wrong, i've had an awesome time playing this game. but we are talking about the overall possiblities of the game, not just the initial fun factor. that's why i'm probably not going to continue on with this game once it goes live, an organized non-vs squad will beat any vs squad. so why lose sleep and money over it.
phalanx is offline   Reply With Quote