View Single Post
Old 05-24-2005, 07:31 AM   #1
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Red face ATF in Battlefield 2?

So, Battlefield 2 (http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/battlefield-2/618411p1.html) is due to arrive in June. The first in the series, Battlefield 1942, was great fun. I played that pretty addictively for a while, although it was all solo play since I didn't know anyone else who played it.

This new Battlefield looks way better. Graphics are excellent and the gameplay is sure to be refined. So I was wondering if anyone was interested in picking it up. I was thinking it could be a good way to get ATF into another FPS. Nothing serious, just casual gaming and hanging out - I'm not really into the idea of matches and so on, too much of a pain in the ass.

I just think it would be fun, especially because the level system in WoW makes it difficult to hang out with everyone. I'm getting close to 60 so it's improving for me somewhat, but I remember how much fun I had playing Planetside with, say, Torque, and he's still in his 40s, which means to enjoy high-level content with me will take him a while. Same with SOBGrunt as well, cuz he doesn't have the time to dedicate to WoW that is required to get to the high levels quickly.

Plus, gnomes and elves and orcs are great and all, but there's something to be said for a game where a tank is a massive tracked vehicle with an enormous gun, not some long-haired blonde warrior with a mithril codpiece.