View Single Post
Old 05-09-2003, 07:48 AM   #31
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu
If this was my first pay-to-play game I might be a little concerned, but I'm afraid this is the future of gaming. If Planetside enjoys even a modicum of success then it will set a precedent for a whole new generation of pay-to-play games. A gaming company would be dumb NOT to adapt this model that provides them with continual revenue.

If the game continues to improve and change and new features are added fairly regularly (like all mmorpg's) then IMO it's money well spent. The game also provides a "safer" FPS environment with no cheaters or hacks that would give someone an unfair advantage.

I do agree that there needs to be more incentives to do things other than just xp gain. Maybe if things were more teritorial of if there were bonuses to be gained from controlling realstate.

That said, the main source of enjoyment for me personally in this game is playing with you guys. I don't care if I'm stuck in some far off tower or running with the main force into the maw of a heavily defended base.... I like team-based fps action and I enjoy the voice communication and the sense of being a part of something bigger.

Everyone gets burned out on a game eventually, but I fully intend to play Planetside after realease for many months. I haven't had this kinds of fun since I stopped playing T2.
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote