View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 08:02 PM   #1
Garfieldthecat

Garfieldthecat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Hello and Introduction

Hey, Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello to everyone. Josh/Cannonball works where I do, and he invited me here after finding out I am starting to play WoW.

This is my second MMO, I have played a Captain in LOTRO up to lvl60, before Shadows of Mirkwood came out. Enjoyed that, since I love Tolkien's books. But I wanted to try WoW, since it seems that everyone plays it, or at least has tried it at some point. My character right now is a human pally named Leodegarius, after a Grey Knight captain in a recent Warhammer 40k book. (gotta love space marines )

Of course, I do other things other then MMO's. I've played PC games for over 20 years, back to the original Colossal Cave (AKA Adventure) game on a 4.77Mhz IBM PC with 16k of RAM. I suck at FPS, so I don't play those much anymore, and stick to RPG's and the like. I also love strategy RPG's on my PSP and DS (Disgaea rocks!). On the non-gaming side, I also like to read sci-fi and fantasy, as you can tell from my 40K reference, I have several hundred books that I have gotten and read over the years. I also like to run, to counterbalance my addiction to chocolate and ice cream. I'm certainly not fast, but I can run slowly for a long time. I've managed to do about a dozen 1/2 marathons and did a full marathon about 2 1/2 years ago.

So if you see me online, I'll be plugging away, trying to learn all the WoW tricks, and trying to get to 80 pre-cataclysm. I've already finished my first ever dungeon, after 5 wipes with PUG's in Deadmines. But eventually I finished it. And I am sure I will make many more noob mistakes as I level up, since that is part of the fun

-Scott
Garfieldthecat is offline   Reply With Quote