Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Re: Google's new browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banne View Post
mostly because there are a lot of sites that dont support Chrome for some reason or another
9 times out of 10, it won't work because they included IE-specific content. That's the main reason I dislike IE...it's less a web browser and more an effort by Microsoft to force de facto web standards down people's throats that they then don't port to other platforms or browsers so that you remain locked-in to MS products.

Sure, there's always going to be the "experimental" parts of the Internet where new standards are being refined since they don't spring from the mind of Zeus fully formed like Athena, but MS always wants to push things out before they're really done to try and bump up adoption and make it a standard after the fact. That pretty much summarizes all their security issues too...since I'm pretty sure the vast majority are ActiveX and similar cock-ups and not that IE can't handle rendering HTML.

I know Gryph is opposed to standards since he lives within range of the Redmond Thought-Control device, and I'm not a "Down with MS" hippy (since I live outside the range of Apple's Jobsian Reality Distortion Field), but with a public resource of the weight and societal import of the Internet....it's not good for any one entity to ever have control over it.

Google, arguably the closest entity to doing so, at least has the decency to attempt to play nice with others...

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote