Notices

Old 09-03-2005, 08:21 AM   #1
Shoddy
PlanetSide Characters

Shoddy RSS Feed
Battleground Re-org

Saw this unconfirmed rumor today:
Quote:
after 1.7 patch, i believe the BGs will be new intervals with 60s on their own.

20-29
30-39
etc
50-59
and lvl 60
Just in case we have folks making WSG alts, don't level them past 29!
Shoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 08:25 AM   #2
Shoddy
PlanetSide Characters

Shoddy RSS Feed
Hmm, I don't see this listed in the test realm patch notes, so maybe it's just hooey.
Shoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 01:31 PM   #3
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
No, that one's pretty much confirmed for some point. If not 1.7, then soon.

From Tyren at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1#post4591448

Quote:
Actually, we added level 20 players to the battlegrounds, so the idea that this hurts lowbie players is in direct contradiction.

Also, it seems this argument is mostly about 1 specific level, namely level 30.

[Edit for further explanation]
It was a very drastic change for those players that are at 30, 40, 50, but over all, we feel it was a beneficial change for a large number of players, and one that was frequently requested.

We know that sometimes some changes may impact players in a negative way, but from personal experience, I can say definitely that the WoW developers are extremely talented and devoted to delivering an incredible experience for the fans, and no change is made lightly without a great deal of dicussion and study within the team. I must admit that I can defend their decisions a little too harshly, and for that I apologize. I do want to assure our players that we work toward better enjoyment of the game for our fans, and that is one goal that never changes.
And Caydiem at http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1#post4645096:

Quote:
As I have stated in the past, I do understand that there are some players who prefer the current 21-30 bracket and have tailored their characters to be perfect WSG characters for that range. However, I have also stated that remaining at 30 and spending a good deal of gold on the best gear and enchants for them is not a supported method of playing these Battlegrounds. It isn't against the rules; you can do it if you choose, but as it is not an intended style of play, the developers have no plans to change their newly proposed brackets to accomodate that playstyle.

The logic you present has already been passed along to the developers, and they have no desire to keep the 21-30 bracket intact. The reason for this change is to alleviate the disparity present between the X9 and X9+1 levels -- leaving one bracket intact would undermine that effort considerably.

In addition, presenting some sort of "un-levelling" service would require a great deal of extra work to support a method of play that was not intended by the developers. If players wish to remain in the lower level ranges and maximize a character for use in the 20-29 or 30-39 brackets, they can level their characters to 39 or create another one, as it does not take long at all (relatively) to level to 29.

Warsong Gulch population in general is something that should be aided by the Battleground "holidays", and we are working on the population imbalance issues that also affect the Battleground availability.
This would not appear to be hooey given the fact that two different blues are posting on the same relative information. That thread with Caydiem has a large number of responses from her in it as well.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft