Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 07-21-2003, 04:29 AM   #1
skEEz
PlanetSide Characters

skEEz RSS Feed
Lasher

It owns!

Now we sit back and enjoy the endless complaints from other empries.

I only hope that they don't nerf it back.
skEEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 09:15 AM   #2
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
I just bought it back with my BR15 Sat night....can't wait to try it out inside. Freaking bout time we got a killin weapon.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
skEEz
PlanetSide Characters

skEEz RSS Feed
I've been reading the posts on the planetside forums and everyone is bitching about it. I have yet to see Spork respond to any of the posts, but I fear the response may mention a nerf to some degree.
skEEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 10:57 AM   #5
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
It is absolutely NOTHING but bitchign posts. It's sad... you give these guys a taste of their own medicine (ala JackHammer) and they whine because they can't kill you as fast anymore... Then you top that with players who have gotten good with sub-par weapons owning them with a good weapon now and they can't take it.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:03 AM   #6
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
They all think that its the bitch posts and crap that gets the game changed. There is probably terrabytes of data that SOE has on what is and has been happening in the game.

They can see that there were 100 TR with HA cert and 100 NC with HA and 50 VS with HA in the empires. They can see that there were are 100 TR with Marauder cert and 100 NC with Enforcer and 50 VS with Thresher. The bitching makes them look at those numbers, but its not the posts that make them change things.

Little common sense, Many morons.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:19 AM   #7
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
So anyone try it in game yet? I'll test it on Tuesday, but damn about time. Stupid TR and NC need to really try VS, not just the fargin VR Room but real combat, then they can bitch.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:31 AM   #8
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
Word on the street from other ATF members who have tried out the new Lasher is that it is more of a powerhouse for sure. I can believe it too from my Lasher experience and then checking it out post-patch in VR. I can see that it's potentially more lethal. While I was asking for faster orbs and leaving all else as is, it appears now that it does do better with more lashing and the faster ROF.

Oh, and just as another indicator that it must have been beefed up a lot, check out how many bitching and nerf cry posts there are on the Planetside Discussion board on the PS forums.

Last edited by Swad; 07-21-2003 at 11:34 AM.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 11:37 AM   #9
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yeah the rate of fire keeps the enemy from stepping between the orbs. They still travel at the same rate so distance shooting is still tough, but it is much more usefull now outdoors out to medium range. The lash effect now goes out about 15 feet when it hits.

Clips burn up a bit quicker now, but I noticed that I can reload now without dying since the person I just unloaded the first clip on is now dead and no longer a threat during the down time.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:32 AM   #10
Mobius
PlanetSide Characters

Mobius RSS Feed
Well I played around with the Lasher on the test server before it was public. That's what made me change my certs around in anticipation. So I used it extensivly 3 days before the patch and I've used alot after the patch. The differance with it is that it's on par with the Jack Hammer and we can actually stop most of the f'ing noobs that used to run straight at us dodging thru the orbs with surge.

They actually have to change their play style from Spawn, Equip Hammer, Surge, Kill 5+ VS, then repeat. I still die to the JH alot but I can actually kill them now too.

I don't know what the TR is bitching about though. I loaded up my BR9 TR and tried the MCG. My god I'm gonna be looting that bitch everychance I get. In tower battles I would run down the stairs into the packs of NC or VS defending and just mow thru em. It was funny because half of em wouldn't shoot me because of the grief they would have taken.

However with all the HA pretty close to being even you can't just run into a room anymore with the JH and expect to clear it. Like one guy on the PS forums said "This is where the Thumper will come into it's own.", Because your gonna need it now to sofen up the HA users inside the bases that wait around corners.
Mobius is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2