Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 06-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Battle.net authenticator process updated with smarter log-in detection

A substantial updated to the Battle.net authentication system was announced today. Players will soon notice a change to their authenticator log on -- it just might not appear. Blizzard's login servers and authentication system now intelligently track where your account is logging into the game from and, if you're consistently logging in on your home computer, the authentication servers will let you pass, no code needed.

Blizzard wants make the authentication process less intrusive and this is a first step towards that goal. Right now, having to input a code each and every log in is a pain, sure, but it also makes me feel secure. I'm never going to say no to more security, however, and if the system is something that can accurately figure out where I am and let me on, that's great.

This doesn't take into consideration the circumstance where you use an authenticator to prevent access to WoW, even from the home PC. I know some parents who use a simple password that their kids can remember but use the authenticator as the gate to prevent unwanted play. Maybe there will be an opt-out feature of some kind to always ask for the code.

You can check out the Battle.net account security page or check out the Blizzard mobile site for application information. For more information on this specific change to the authenticator system, follow me after the break.Continue reading Battle.net authenticator process updated with smarter log-in detection

Filed under: Blizzard, Account Security

Battle.net authenticator process updated with smarter log-in detection originally appeared on WoW Insider on Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News