Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke
Re: ATF Fantasy Football Update

Some quotes from the football guys on the Sports Illustrated site this week:

Don Banks:
That unidentified NFC juggernaut gaining ground in the rearview mirror is the Carolina Panthers, winners of four in a row since kicker John Kasay single-leggedly kept their season alive in Week 3 at Tampa Bay. ...........don't do something silly and let John Fox's team slip off your radar screen

Dr. Z
Without Steve Smith, 0-2. With him, 4-0. Best of all, he makes me feel a little better about my Super Bowl winner, which will beat, uh, can't really remember the AFC team I picked.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:21 AM   #32
Danerune

Danerune RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Bush is doing ok , Young is doing pretty badly in my opinion but just could be the poor Titans team in general. Leinart actually made the Arizona line look better with his quick releases and mobility. Maybe it's a little early to say he is going to be one of the best but he is certainly better than Mario Williams and I would say on par with Young and Bush.

I am pretty sure that Brad Johnson has run the same kind of offense that Childress is using afterall they run the West Coast offense in Tampa Bay where Brad was before he came to the Vikings.
Danerune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 AM   #33
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Vince Young beat the Redskins in only his 3rd start in his rookie...that's not bad. He was bad against the Cowboys, but that was his first start. He went toe-to-toe with the Colts and nearly won.

That's not bad for a rookie. A while the offense Childress runs is West Coast-esque, it's not really a West Coast offense and the little differences are enough compared to "the Gross" who's been in that system for a couple years now (albeit some of it from a stretcher).

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:55 AM   #34
Banne
Cake Fairy

Banne RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Banne Send a message via MSN to Banne

uhhh please dont refer to the Bears as "the cubbies". That denotes an entire lack of respect that is punishable by death. No team other than "the cubs" should ever be refered to as "the cubbies"...its just not right man...its just not right.
Banne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:57 AM   #35
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Fuck the Bears and the Damn cubs... both teams of extreme suck.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:34 AM   #36
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters

From this point on, All Chicago sports teams will be referred to as "The Cubbies"....baseball, football, basketball, hockey, Lacrosse, golf, badminton......they are all The Cubbies.......
Old 10-18-2006, 11:56 AM   #37
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Yay... cubbies.
Nizuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:04 PM   #38
Danerune

Danerune RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Whats different besides Childress emphasizing the run? Brad is a ball control qb which is what the west coast is mainly about which makes him suited for the west coast offense which he is familiar with. I think the main problem with the Vikes is that the running game is inconsistent, plus the receivers dropping big play balls making the offense anemic.

I don't think Young made that game against Colts looks to me like the defense did holding Manning and co. a lot fewer points than they are used to. I'm not saying Young is horrible i am just saying he is playing badly, and that Leinart is playing better.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #39
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Johnson never really struck me as a West Coast kind of QB. He always seemed to be more the big arm "loosen up the defense so the run works better" kind of QB. Never really saw him as the quick-strike, high-velocity passer that the West Coast offense actually requires.

He's more like Peyton than Donovan, in other words. Granted, Donovan can throw the ball 40 yards downfield like it's nothing, but his passes tend to the more hyper-accurate style that the West Coast style demands. Granted, there's a reason he's the #1 rated passer thus far this season too....
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #40
Danerune

Danerune RSS Feed
WoW Characters

West coast is about dumping off the ball to get short gains from what I know. Dumping off to full backs and tight ends giving them room to run , quick passes to the sidelines stuff like that. Which Brad is good at however they arent moving the ball on the run when they need it so Brad isn't looking as good.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:39 PM   #41
Belenos
King of the Horny Ferrets

Belenos RSS Feed
WoW Characters

I concur with my brother. Calling any chicago team the cubs (aside from the actual cubs...) is just bushleague and makes you look like a bigger douche than Niz. In fact, I will go as far to say that any team who refers to the bears as "the cubs" will lose all right to a taste of chicago package, as they have no respect for said city. This offer only null and void if your state has any city with a population of over 750,000, in which case, you can talk shit all you want. Besides, we dont make fun of your state stoke, just your oldness.
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:58 AM   #42
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Shut Up little Cubby.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:31 AM   #43
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belenos View Post
I concur with my brother. Calling any chicago team the cubs (aside from the actual cubs...) is just bushleague and makes you look like a bigger douche than Niz. In fact, I will go as far to say that any team who refers to the bears as "the cubs" will lose all right to a taste of chicago package, as they have no respect for said city. This offer only null and void if your state has any city with a population of over 750,000, in which case, you can talk shit all you want. Besides, we dont make fun of your state stoke, just your oldness.
Would you like some French Cries with that Whaaburger?
Nizuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:42 AM   #44
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters

My, the Chicago Contingent can seem to dish it out but they get mighty defensive when a little bit is tossed back in their directions...

<3 Banne <3 Belenos.....
Old 10-19-2006, 09:36 AM   #45
Banne
Cake Fairy

Banne RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Banne Send a message via MSN to Banne

Its all in good fun (except when it comes to Niz, lawl). Me and Bele are just life long diehard Bears fans that enjoy arguing with others about NFL teams and stuff. We were born and raised this way. In fact all of us had little Sweetness jerseys when we were little (well maybe not my oldest brother, but I know he had a bears jersey when he was a wee little one), and the tradition continues with my nephew who has a little jersey, and my niece who has a bears cheerleading outfit. We start em young to be bears fans. We are the same way about the whitesox though, being south siders and all. Thats why we hate the whole "Cubbies" thing. My mom was raised a cubs fan, but my dad has converted her. Actually, one of the stipulations of my mom and dad getting married was that my grandpa had to take my dad to a cubs game, which is to this day still the only cubs game my dad has ever been to. Me, Ive never been to one, nor do I want to go to that deathtrap Wrigley Field. I suppose Ill go one day when they actually fix it so concrete wont fall on your head.

I got off topic here. Ohh yeah. Go Bears. Go Pathers (I want a rematch from last year in the playoffs). Fuck off Niz, go mind your own business/have some horrible social disease.
Banne is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Sports