Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 07-09-2003, 10:00 AM   #1
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
Lasher + Agile Exo + Surge lovin'

Yes--the Lasher. I had it once early on and dropped it like a bad habit almost as fast as I got it. Now after a few weeks of play I decided to get adventurous and pick it back up. I dropped reinforced exo to do this. Never thought I would and I'm not sure what possessed me to, but I did.

So now my main loadout is the Lasher wearing Agile Exo armor and using the Surge implant. For someone who is a good twitch FPS gamer, this is killer fun. The lasher is one hell of a weapon when you can get the orbs to make contact with your target. Once you overcome this challenge you can rake in the kills. The Surge is meant to close the gap quickly with your target, then to strafe the hell out of them so you're a hard target.

The hardest part about all of this is learning how to use the Lasher effectively. You need to find that sweet spot of how much you need to lead your target. It's a lot unfortunately, but when you get in the groove of how much you need to lead a target, whether if you're stationary and your target is moving, if you're moving, or if you're running circles around a target really fast w/surge. If you are willing to learn this weapon and adapt to it, it can be some mad fun. Against infantry, maxes, and light armor--it is lethal. Combine this with about 2-3 other guys doing the same thing with you and you are a force.

Anyway, just an idea if you're looking for something new and challenging (but very rewarding once learned) to try out. Find me if you do this and we can run together and give the enemy hell.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:03 AM   #2
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX
I compare trying to hit a TR or NC with a Lasher round is about like trying to make an MA in Tribes2 when both of you are in the air with jetpacks hovering. Not easy, but once you learn how to lead properly, you own up on people.
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:46 AM   #3
Shoddy
PlanetSide Characters

Shoddy RSS Feed
Well, it's not quite that bad, cuz I sometimes hit people with the lasher whereas I still can't MA worth jack.
Shoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I can't give up my reinforced armour, I need to be able to swap out between things quick. These days it's swaps between Pulsar & Thumper or Decimator & Thumper. But I was with you for a bit last night Swad and we killed a couple guys easy. Like I was saying in another thread, if you have a couple of guys with Pulsars/Lashers and a support guy like me with Thumpers and Decimators, you clean up. Thumpers work great on infantry especially when you have backup fire, and they are a great psychological weapon because of the continual burn. And Decimators of course are one of the best MAX killing weapons in the game.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2