Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Old 03-22-2005, 09:26 PM   #1
skoog

skoog RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to skoog Send a message via Yahoo to skoog
gg blizzard

/rant on

tempted to cancel my acocunt... after several disconnects I just spent half an hour trying to log on... only to get disconnected from server after being authenticated.....

like WTF you normally have a shit load of people logging on get your act together.... tempted to cancel my account if it lasts more than a couple of days.... WE all need at least a 1 day credit due to this fuck up.....

either that or blizzard needs to get their head out of thier ass and take the servers down at 6 AM EST and not fricking like 8AM PST... that gives them what like 4-5 hours to fix any fuckups.....

hell I always start a major upgrade at 6pm as soon as work should end.
(sadly this is probably like 4 am PST...)

Still tempted to cancel the account... 3 disconnects and probably 100 attempts to login.

oh and this shit where there website goes offline cause of the patch.... they need to realize they just got real fucking popular and shell out some major cash.... god I'm glad I dind' tplay this game a couple months ago when things were really bad.

/rant off
skoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:44 PM   #2
Ravok

Ravok RSS Feed
WoW Characters
/continued rant

I hate patching this game. They never really balance all of the classes to work together. The patches take me a full damn day to download on my dialer. Then I try to connect and they say they took the damn database down due to some bullshit error.

So I can't connect after a full day of babysitting their stupid patch.

Its the same story EVERY time they patch their stinking game. I like the game, but I am getting frustrated too.

/rant off

Quicklock Join Date: Sep 09,2006

Alts:
Koyote/Kaeti/Moondoggy/Stonedoggy
Ravok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 10:31 PM   #3
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
this happens every single patch day. any other day the game and servers, or server, runs great. I can live with a million people pounding their servers on patch days.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 05:42 AM   #4
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Eh, I had to take off work yesterday so I was at home all day. Was kind of nice in a way because nobody can now accuse me of slacking off work to play WoW, because the servers were down for pretty much the whole day (got on around 10PM EST).

Didn't really play a whole lot (mad that the patch broke a few things) but the AH improvements were worth it to me. :P Tired of my leatherworker and tailor having to look at each other's items when trying to stockup for the future. Annoying that it was a pain in the ass to get in yesterday, but in comparison to the other 20 some odd days I've put into the game (depressing number that), one day out of 2 months isn't that bad.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 06:22 AM   #5
Shoddy
PlanetSide Characters

Shoddy RSS Feed
During one of my failed attempts to get Cosmos working right, I had similar symptoms to yours, skoog. That is, I'd log in, it would go through its contortions (authenticating, handshaking, etc...) then say disconnected without even flipping to the next screen. I'd recommend clearing out your Interface folder if you haven't already done so.
Shoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:21 AM   #6
Jadal

Jadal RSS Feed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoddy
During one of my failed attempts to get Cosmos working right, I had similar symptoms to yours, skoog. That is, I'd log in, it would go through its contortions (authenticating, handshaking, etc...) then say disconnected without even flipping to the next screen. I'd recommend clearing out your Interface folder if you haven't already done so.
same thing but just retried and got connected, sometimes it took 4/5 times but it went through
Jadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:05 AM   #7
skoog

skoog RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to skoog Send a message via Yahoo to skoog
i don't use cosmos.....

my install is 100% stock vanialla WoW.....

I usually play that way... I was very close to getting cosmos for the multi action bars, but after the patch I don't feel the need.... they also improved the quest screen some which helps.
skoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:12 PM   #8
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yes its upsetting that the servers were down and all the crap but at least they are out there fixing the stuff instead of leaving it for later like other gaming companies do.

This is nothing compared to when the game came out the servers were up and down so much, more down, Im suprised we didn't loss more people then. Just cuz the server is down for a day isn't a good reason for them to credit us I mean come on its a patch you should be use to this kind of crap with any game or if you been here from the beginning. They did give us credit at the beginning because of how much time the servers were down.

I know your just pissed and yes it is frustrating but also remember things always don't go as planned and at least they are working hard to get things fixed. Without that we wouldn't have this great game. I think you can live one day or even a few to make the game better in the long run.

Ok continue to rant on so you can get it out of your system .
Old 03-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #9
Verra

Verra RSS Feed
WoW Characters
all i have to say that this is WAY better than L2. That would take all damn day to log on. After everybody has the patch it will be back to normal. just going to be a pain in the arse until then.
Verra is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft