Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Breakfast Topic: When I left you, I was but the learner

Interesting weekend for me: My schedule is such that I can't really do weekend raids with my Alliance guild, but with fall coming the crummy weather seems to have led to a renaissance for my Horde side play, and suddenly I found myself running Onyxia and TotC 10 on Malfurion in my finest Tauren warrior self. (Tauren warriors: great race/class combo or the greatest race/class combo? The world may never know.) Since I'm fairly familiar with the fights in both cases, it seemed natural enough to explain them for people who hadn't done them.

And then I realized that, without really even paying attention, I'd sort of taken the job over entirely. It just seemed like what I should do: even when I forgot to mention an element of a fight like Gormok's spell lock, I just found myself calmly explaining things in a voice that, frankly, I didn't really even recognize. It was as if I was comfortable telling people what to do. Almost without realizing it I'd started telling people what to do in a raid, and they were doing it. The whole thing was somewhat surreal all told.

So how about you? Ever found yourself leading a raid, an instance, or just a charge across AV without really expecting it? Or are you always in charge in WoW? Are you a leader, a follower, or a bit of both?Filed under: Analysis / Opinion, Breakfast topics, Instances, Raiding, Wrath of the Lich King

Breakfast Topic: When I left you, I was but the learner originally appeared on WoW.com on Mon, 26 Oct 2009 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News