Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 10-21-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
How to turn off Achievement Spam

Filed under: Tips, How-tos, Achievements

I love everything about Achievements. I love getting them, striving for them, perusing them, hearing about them and watching other people get them. (And, obviously, I love writing about them.) They have really added more enjoyment to my gameplay. I loved hearing "Grats noob" in guildchat when I hit 30 on my Mage. I even love it when I get spammed by a bunch of guildies achieving a Jenkins title at the same time. But not everybody does.

Some are turning off their Achievement Announcements. Whether it is Achievement envy or an aversion to fun (yes, I'm not objective), they have figured out how to turn off being notified every time someone loads up their pets and Tricks or Treats for the first time. It's easy to do:
  1. Right click on the chat tab that you want to remove the notifications from.
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select Other.
  4. Uncheck Achievement Announce.
Once Hallow's End is over and the flurry of easy Achievements have been conquered, the spam will die down. The messages will definitely not be a constant throughout Wrath. But, even if it were, I'd still be happily reading about my guildies and the people around me achieving things. But maybe that's because I'm a casual player in a guild full of hardcore raiders -- I get to read about the Achievements I will probably never earn. I admit it. Sometimes I play vicariously.

How do you feel about the Achievement Spam?

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News