Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > Star Wars: The Old Republic

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 04:22 PM   #31
Skillet
PlanetSide Characters

Skillet RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: SW:TOR Pre-order

I blame Dane...
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:04 PM   #32
Audioslave

Audioslave RSS Feed

Don't think I'm going to pre-order but I'll probably grab it up as soon as it's released. I played through the Beta and was pretty impressed with the story line, voice overs and general combat of the characters. UI was a little cheesy but hey, never really had one that didn't get modded one way or another
Audioslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:43 AM   #33
Swad

Swad RSS Feed

I broke down last night and went ahead and pre-ordered. Main reason I didn't before was I didn't want to waste 10 days of free first month game time while I was on vacation around the holidays. I found out last night that you don't have to put in your registration for the final game until release (the early access is kindof a free "gimme"). They're also extending a 48 hour grace period on registering after retail hits the 20th, so you don't have to go live with your retail game until the 22nd, which happens to be the day I leave for vacation.

Yay--I can wait until I get back to register with retail but still potentially get some early access before I leave. Guess I'll see you guys as soon as they let me in.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 08:11 AM   #34
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

For completeness in case I decide to fiddle with an alt (because I NEVER do that....nope, never):

Cynia - Bounty Hunter (Human) - Armstech/Scavenger/Investigation for professions
Solonra - Sith Warrior (Cyborg)
Tylista - Imperial Agent (Chiss)
Draaci - Sith Inquisitor (Twi'lek)

Now to decide what roles to have them be...
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:02 AM   #35
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke

Those names sound vaguely familiar.

I will probably show up as a Sith Warrior with some form of the name Stoke.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #36
Swad

Swad RSS Feed

With my pre-order last night, I now have my early access invite today to start playing. Can't wait for queues! I'll probably roll initially with a Sith Inquisitor Assassin. Whether more tanky or more stabby--I don't know yet. I'll invariably have one of each major class, though.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:36 AM   #37
Talatha

Talatha RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Talatha

Are we still trying for sith/ jung ma? it says its very heavy pop/ full....i haven't even been able to make it in easily. i rolled a jedi counsular>>>shadow on Ven Zallow if anyone wants to play that while we wait to see where our final sith server lands. the Name is Roukmar
Talatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #39
Danerune

Danerune RSS Feed
WoW Characters

We are getting a pretty large contingent of ATF to play. I'd like to suggest a different server than Jung Ma its over populated with long que times. I am not a fan of waiting 30 minutes to play.

I suggest either the server the guys playing right now switched to randomly or the server Swads friends are on so that we can team up with another group.
Danerune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 08:06 PM   #40
Shadowspirit

Shadowspirit RSS Feed

As someone who hated malganis queues, I would prefer moving. Its still just preorders that are playing, I can't imagine what the servers will look like on Tuesday. But that's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Shadowspirit; 12-18-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Shadowspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:52 PM   #42
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

This is another reason I am not playing yet. This happens with any big game and went thru it with WoW. Like Shadow said wait til Tuesday and even more servers are going to have ques so kinda hard to jump ship so quickly for a game that hasn't hardly been out. So discuss with CDL or tell us what server Swad is playing on so we have some choices. I don't want to be server hopping. I know with CDL we will have more people to team up with and don't want to fall into us moving to a server where we will have numbers for awhile then things dwindle off, don't know how many are in Swads group. But I do understand about the ques.

Last edited by Stang; 12-18-2011 at 10:57 PM.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #43
Blackwolf

Blackwolf RSS Feed

I've already pre-ordered and I'm on Rep side right now, eventually plan on rolling Imps out the wazzooo, when I get bored with the blues Shouldn't take long, I have a short attention span...

Let me know where you guys finalize and I'll join ya.
Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:19 AM   #44
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Things are very chaotic with the queues at the moment, and a big question mark is what BioWare is going to do about it. Jung Ma is, sadly, far from the worst server for queues in the game; some servers have queue times in the 5-6 hour range (I like playing with you all, but yeah...not that much...no offense ).

It's hard to decide because while CDL gives us people to work with, the queues make it unpleasant on those days that the Internet just sucks. Imagine if we let Skillet tank, he d/c's (like Skillet always does when the hamsters get tired) and it's a 45 minute wait in whatever we're doing just for the queue, and 45 minutes again every time he disconnects while waiting.

Shien has been ok so far, but what surge will we see after Christmas? I'm not thinking the 20th will be a HUGE surge; most people who get the game on launch day are likely pre-orders anyway.

Swad might be friends with other folks, but is that a party we can crash? Seemed like they were RL friends and we know how Swad is ashamed of us; he just sticks around for Fate's cookies. So forth and so on...

We do need to decide though, and thanks Gryph for pinging CDL so we can try to coordinate.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:51 AM   #45
Swad

Swad RSS Feed

I'm just waiting for you all to sort this out after I get back from vacation. Seems every server is dying right now from queues. Last night when I got on, I saw a grand total of 5 servers *without queues* on the list of servers that was displayed (didn't scroll the whole list, was just looking at the 30 or so servers on screen w/o scrolling the list). Two of the three servers I have characters on right now have queues.

Bottom line is it will only get worse after tomorrow if EA isn't ready to both deploy new servers *and* provide a means for those who want to to transfer off for free. Let's hope the devs are prepared with character transfer means, and EA realizes they need a LOT more servers.

As for me, I care not to deal with queues in the long term. If it's a short term pain that will go away--I can manage that. I get on and off a few times in a given weekday evening due to supper and whatever else that might have me logging out for a while. I want to spend time playing a game, not sitting around staring at a decreasing number for 30m - 1hr. each time I log in. Wherever we end up, I just don't want to see queues for the long term (and this issue we might not see resolved until a week or two after release) or land somewhere by ourselves (don't feel like playing on Shien because there's nobody there we know).

Also, on a side note, I'm not going to push that we go where I have a couple friends I know (playing with about 30 others I don't know). I'm sure each of us has friends playing somewhere else and we could go one of a dozen different places. Bottom line, though, is I think it should be somewhere that we can have another group we can team up with--whether CDL or some other group.

Last edited by Swad; 12-19-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > Star Wars: The Old Republic