Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 07-07-2011, 05:31 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Breakfast Topic: What have you tried in WoW that you never thought you'd enjoy?

This Breakfast Topic has been brought to you by Seed, the AOL guest writer program that brings your words to WoW Insider's pages.

WoW was my first MMO, and when I started playing six years ago, I was terrified of everything that wasn't "kill 10 boars." Dungeons? I'd run them with a friend, but it took some coaxing. Raiding? No way. It seemed way too complicated, not to mention having an audience anytime I noobed it up. PVP? That just didn't seem like something that would interest me all.

If I'd kept that attitude, I can't imagine I'd still be playing WoW, although Cataclysm's linear, quest-driven nature might have pulled me back in. Today, dungeons are second nature to me, just like they are to any other MMO player. I finally tried raiding during The Burning Crusade at the prodding of my guildmates, who needed a healer. After the very first night, I completely forgot what I'd been so nervous about.

As for PVP, I now have a level 85 warlock whose sole purpose is melting fellow players' faces and am leveling a warrior completely through battlegrounds. I'm not sure why I didn't think I'd be interested in PVP, but I was wrong.

After years spent playing a game, it makes sense that all of these things are second nature, so it's easy to forget what it was like when everything was new. The fact that once upon a time both entering a raid and healing fellow players seemed overwhelming is kind of ridiculous to me now that I do it three nights a week.

What about WoW made you nervous at first or just didn't seem interesting? What made you try it? Did you change your mind?Filed under: Breakfast Topics, Guest Posts

Breakfast Topic: What have you tried in WoW that you never thought you'd enjoy? originally appeared on WoW Insider on Thu, 07 Jul 2011 08:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News