Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 05-12-2003, 07:37 AM   #1
Shark
Not Vanu
PlanetSide Characters

Shark RSS Feed
I have returned!

I don't remember which one of you said this, but someone said that I would come back to ATF because the NC were going to be full of a bunch of kiddies. Well, that wasn't quite my experience, but the group I was playing with (DLR), while a nice group, wasn't really a very large group and seemed to have a sorta cliqueish feel to it. So I have returned to ATF and have really enjoyed kicking some ass with yall the last few days.

I haven't seen Chucks in game, but I know he's affiliated with DLR...so be it. I'm not sure he's in for the long term anyway. But I've made my decision and am sticking with ATF. I appreciate yall letting me come back. Whenever someone gets the chance, can I get my rights bumped up so I can get into the private forums?

Again, thanks...will cya online!!

[KY]-Shark
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 07:50 AM   #2
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Welcome back...great to have you back on board!

Now tell us...what are those NC types planning?

Seriously though, now that you've played NC a bit, what do you think of the empire? Strengths/weaknesses? How is it fighting TR as NC? Fighting Vanu?
Old 05-12-2003, 08:04 AM   #3
Shark
Not Vanu
PlanetSide Characters

Shark RSS Feed
I liked the NC for the Phoenix and Vanguard. That tank is pretty nice, but the Mag I think has it's advantages. I should note that the group I was with (DLR) started as NC, but then went to VS on Markov, so they're out there (it's EvilNapkin, Bio and his buddies). Nice guys, but not very big.

Anyway, I played my NC time as an independent on Dalton. There were some regulars I squaded with...nice folks too. Fighting the TR with NC is pretty much like fighting them with the VS, except you have the Phoenix, which you can use from behind a certain amount of cover. That TR Cycler is just outta control whether you're VS or NC, so that's a wash. Same goes for TR DC. In my experience, fighting the VS as NC was pretty even, no major advantages really, but a lot has changed since I was NC (two weeks ago). Now they have a worthy Jackhammer for indoors and the guass for outside. I think they're pretty evenly matched.

I can live with the TR DC...but I really think they need to pull back a bit on the cycler (the TR machine gun). Saturday, I walked up behind a TR Medium Assault guy (Reinforced Armor) and began unloading a punisher in his back. After about 2 secs, he started firing at me and dropped me 2 secs later with his cycler...never changed his clip. That's just messed up.

Also, I played ever so briefly as TR just to see what their cycler and MAX were like. Nice stuff. I took out an NC MAX with the DC, even though I let him get behind me (he was AV) while I was anchored. I unanchored and still finished him off...it's overpowered. Their Pounder MAX is nice too for outdoor fighting like the ones we were in yesterday. It can kill a troop concentration in about 4 seconds if properly used. Just remember, if you see one of those lobbing nades, be sure to spread out. That's about all the intel I have for ya...overall, it's fairly balanced, with a couple of issues needing to be addressed.

-shark

There's a fine line between cleverness and stupidity.
Old 05-12-2003, 10:15 AM   #4
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
Doesn't Dave G play TR? If so unlikely the'll change anything at all.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 10:32 AM   #5
Shark
Not Vanu
PlanetSide Characters

Shark RSS Feed
Not sure SmackDab...maybe they're going for the paper, scissors, rock thing at the infantry level too. Problem is, ALL TR infantry own NC and VS. Might just have to get used to killing them from a distance. That can be tough indoors though.

-shark
Old 05-12-2003, 12:41 PM   #6
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
They should put in the manual that TR is by far the easiest to play from the beginning, that way they'll get all noobs and we can jump their heads while they're all clamped down.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2