Old 07-07-2003, 10:45 PM   #1
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
A change to the Sparrow did happen

Quote:
It appears that a bug-fix applied to the NC Sparrow made it past us without patch notes. We apologize for the lack of notification on this and will do better in the future as far as letting you know when weapons are adjusted.
Here's what happened with the NC Sparrow: The Sparrow's missile lock was intended to have "Fire and Forget" capability, meaning that once you target and achieve a lock, you should be able to fire upon it without having to track it. The lock is intended to be pretty loose, so you can actually move your reticule a fair distance off of the target and still maintain the lock.

However, there was a bug that allowed the Sparrow way too much flexibility with moving the reticule off its target, to the extent that they could sometimes actually turn around and maintain the lock. This is what was fixed.

Now, having said that this is intended functionality, I also wanted to mention that this does not close the case on the Sparrow or any other AA weapon. The feedback we have gotten since the release of the Liberator gives a great opportunity: to get the AV weapons pointed at ground vehicles and AA weapons pointed at the sky, as everything should be. So, basically, we are discussing the future of the AA weaponry to ensure that it is effective in these days of heightened threats from the sky. We'll be releasing more details as time passes.

Victor Wachter
Community Relations Representative

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 11:27 PM   #2
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SlayerZero
In other words we still will have those frigging Strikers that by all comon sence would be anti-air lock onto all ground targets...thats pure crap.

I would love to know how the hell they can call almost every VS yelling at them "feedback"
Old 07-08-2003, 07:01 AM   #3
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
and still the days go by where vanu is the much needed empire on ALL servers.

When I logged in yesterday we had +1 XP and +2 health bonus for being the underdog. And we had 2 continent locks and could go no where else however. The TR and NC were in full force on their one hop continents pushing us off Ishundar for example with ease.

I really honestly think that one good 10 man TR squad can wipe out at least 5 vanu squads with no problem.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 08:06 AM   #4
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SlayerZero
its called "let the Strikers be your sword and the Max be your shield and ye shall never fail"
SlayerZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 09:25 AM   #5
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
All we have to do is give them too many targets to hit in time before they kiss their butts good bye.
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2003, 06:30 PM   #6
EEK n IKE

EEK n IKE RSS Feed
We may be the smallest forces but we sure kick some.
Old 07-11-2003, 07:48 PM   #7
Wulfer
PlanetSide Characters

Wulfer RSS Feed
Hi Everyone,

I think the opinions stated above are true or nearly so. When I had heavy assult, the lasher might have worked down the health of multiple combatants but I would nearly always die without killing anyone. Of course, I'm wearing reinforced armor as well. Depending on the night I would say I would die between 2 to 10 times before I would get a kill.....extremely pathetic.
Well, 2 nights ago, I relearned anti-vehicle. Since using a lanzer coupled with a pulzar, I'd say the last 2 nights that it's been around an 1 to 1 ratio and perhaps even more kills than deaths. In my opinion, there is no way for VS infantry to go up against a jackhammer or a mini-chain in medium to close quarters. So, now I snipe at long range and quasi-snipe (no zoom) at medium range against infantry as well as maxes. If I don't kill them at this medium range, hopefully the scum are wounded enough that I can take them down the rest of the way with my pulzar. The other benift with the lanzer is that I have a little bit of a defense against maxes as well as flyers. Usually, I can turn a reaver or mos in very little time. Being able to actually kill maxes and make them cower for cover at times is a very good feeling considering I used to feel like max fodder before.
On another note, I've enjoyed myself in the ATF over the last few weeks. I look forward to fighting by the sides of my brothers and sisters in the ATF!

Wulfer
Wulfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2