Old 07-31-2003, 07:49 AM   #1
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SlayerZero
Let the ass pain begin

http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/011002.html

They are so full of shit its not funny.

I am starting to wonder if we shouldnt move the whole outfit over to the NC or something...this is so damn stupid of them and I would love to see where they get their crappy data.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:56 AM   #2
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
I read spork's post and nothing more (it's never useful to). So I gather the lasher will be getting toned down to how they specified in a previous post somewhere (I think it was to be damage drop off over distance and less damage against aromor, right?). Oh well. As I said before, I'll still kill them. What I *AM* sick of is reading the bitching on the forums and with that in mind I'm not going ot read beyond spork's initial post. Give me a rock and I'll still stone the enemy to death.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:53 AM   #3
skEEz
PlanetSide Characters

skEEz RSS Feed
This is just a foreshadowing of the massive load of bullshit you will soon encounter in Planetside. I have a feeling that I will be playing until mid September when my subscription ends and at that point I will be moving on to something better. PS has a great concept, but a not so great level of gameplay.

They still have a lot of changes to make, and hopefully they will make them before all interest is lost. In the meantime, I will just not bother using the Lasher. Only about 5% of my total kills have been with the Lasher anyways.
skEEz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 09:02 AM   #4
Swad

Swad RSS Feed

I'm losing faith in ATF
Old 07-31-2003, 10:13 AM   #5
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
ATF is great but its the way that the game is treating us that is the problem. If I got treated liek this by any other company I would be tearing up some CS people untill I got treated better.
SlayerZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 10:21 AM   #6
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
I believe that some bad decisions are definitely being made, but I guess I'm highly adaptive, versatile, and easy going. I'll give my rant or two then move on and work with what I have. As much I might not agree with balancing issues, I still find a way to move on and have fun.

I'm sticking with my original statement

I'm losing faith in ATF

I thought we could take a lickin' (in this case--not-so-great dev changes) and keep on tickin'.
Old 07-31-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
Man this pisses me off, we finally get "A" weapon that's halfway decent and people whine cause they actually GET KILLED by a Vanu that we get a nerf. WHAT THE FUCK?

The only thing Vanu has going for it now is the Magrider, which I'm sure they'll take away our strafe capability or decrease the hitbox.

Fuck this game, WTF are they doing to it. Damn Dave Gegorson if you ask me.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 10:41 AM   #8
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
The changes to the lasher don't directly affect my playing, so I'm not worried about myself, but we do have a lot of players that use it, and I hope, that it is something reasonable that they've done to the Lasher. I was on Emerald yesterday as NC, and I was getting owned by it. (The Lasher) I was starting to get frustrated then I remembered- I'm really VS on Markov! So I went back to the sane Empire, and my Magrider, and I was Happy.

I'm going to continue to play, until it gets to be unbearable, or I die or something. There's no reason to get rid of PS yet, even with the poor Dev decisions. We've got too good a group here to let the Dev team fuck us over.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 10:46 AM   #9
VeryGrimm
PlanetSide Characters

VeryGrimm RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to VeryGrimm
I'm not sure what the problem really is on this. I pretty much always kill more than I'm killed. I don't feel that we're underpowered at all.

Now, that being said, I did try the lasher a while back, and discarded it. But even after this second change, we still have the same damage improvements with it close range and we now have the lash effect. I plan on trying it out. Truth is, if there had been only one change and the lasher was the way it's ending up now, nobody would complain. They might even be happy with it. People are just upset that they got teased for a week or two.
VeryGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 11:39 AM   #10
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally posted by VeryGrimm
People are just upset that they got teased for a week or two.
True true. I agree. But the devs have to wise up and if they improve a weapon, improve it just a bit then. I mean, that lasher buff was huge.

Swad, regarding ATF, don't lose faith just yet. We have a pretty good core of players right now. Once these balance issues settle themselves out everyone will be a lot happier. I still have a wicked time when I play. Last night was awesome, that tower we cleared out with just the two of us was wicked fun. You did some real nice commanding too. OVerall in spite of the fact that I'll be pissed if the lasher sucks now, I still really like this game and have a damn good time playing every time I play.

And for all we know the lasher still rocks.

When I think about how mad we are when they nerf the lasher after only being used to it for a week, I wonder how the TR must have felt when they nerfed the DC and the Pounder...
Old 07-31-2003, 11:48 AM   #11
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
I'm sure i'll be here until we're just skeleton crew, and even then I still may be lingering. I'm more commening on seeing one by one people leave that I've played with for a while. Granted, though, I guess we're picking up new people too... I should consider that more than I do. I maybe have the wrong angle on things, but it just seems some aren't willing to adapt and just move on to something else. So be it if you just don't like the game I guess.

Anyway, I'm not leaving anytime soon. Oh, and last night was a lot of fun. We had a pretty damn good squad and got some stuff done in a very organized fashion I must say. That's what I'm all about.
Old 07-31-2003, 12:20 PM   #12
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
The thing with the TR is that they nurfed them so little that hardly anyone noticed, it was that boggyman word taht got them worked up.

As for how I feel I dont know if its the way they are treating us, or everyones attitude thats gotten to me. I finaly got someplace in a PS2 game I have been playing and so I think that I will take a few days from PS, I may jsut be getting burnt out on the same crap (in game and out) over adn over again. I love the game but when you dont get much done day after day it kind of sucks.
SlayerZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 12:14 AM   #13
Elemento
PlanetSide Characters

Elemento RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Elemento Send a message via AIM to Elemento Send a message via Yahoo to Elemento
Here's my side to this controversy.
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p.../011002-9.html
Old 08-01-2003, 12:04 PM   #14
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yeah where is our weapon that can shoot from a mile away and shoot someone that it standing directly behind us . They should nerf that damn chaingun the TR have if they are going to nerf the lasher.

I dont use the lasher but know alot of you do but that wont stop me from playing as of yet. I havent played in a week and its good to get away for awhile. When the game gets unbarable or is just too much the same thing over and over then Ill stop playing.

Dont be upset with ATF we do an awesome job and have lots of fun. It just sucks that we are the lower ones on the rung of the game play and we get a weapon that finally kicks some butt a little more and then they decide to nerf it cuz of whiners. The ones that dont actually have to work for their kills cuz of the weapons are riduculious.
Old 08-01-2003, 12:53 PM   #15
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
I use the Lasher, and pulsar, and snipe, and lancer, and thumper, hell all the things I can get my hands on I use.

Nerf the lasher, damn that pisses me off, but I can still loot Jackhammers and Miniguns.....so bring it!
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2