Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 01-13-2006, 01:54 PM   #16
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
I am currently downloading the update for PS. It says it has about 5 and a half hours to go. I am going to head out to supper and do some homework and be back in a couple of hours. I hope this doesn't interfear with the TV rocording I am doing later.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 06:37 PM   #17
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Ummm, still downloading. I think it stops when the screen shuts down because I still have another 2 hours to go.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #18
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Night One:

Recerted my main character in Med Assualt, Rexo, AV, AA1, AA2, Air Support, Eng., Combat Eng. and I think I still have two cert points left.

Dropped in on Hossin and was quickly picked up by a group of people. For the first hour I couldn't remember how to send messages. When I quit about 2 hours later I had 17 kills and 30 deaths. Not bad for someone who doesn't know what they are doing. Most of the time I enjoyed great frame rates but towards the end it started having problems. Also at first the flora was on but later on I turned it off even though it did look nice.

My character recieved the 2 year service medal and I tried out that snipping rifle. I still think its an art that those people do to even get a kill with those things. There was a BFR sitting in front of a base we were trying to take and it along with the two turrets from the wall on either side of it kept destroying all of our vehicles that tried to destroy them.

How do you use a medpack without going into the invintory again? I can't remember all of the controls. Also is there a way I can have my mouse inverted when flying (so when I pull back the nose goes up) and still have it normal on the ground? Thats about it for the time being. I should be on for a little bit later on in the day.
Old 01-14-2006, 08:39 AM   #19
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
Put a med pick on your hotbar (where your implants are toggled on and off).
Old 01-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #20
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Just got done doing another round of playing. The VS just got kicked off of Hossin. This time i used my second character and gave him the Reaver, Mosquito, ATV's, Uni-MAX, Med. Assualt, and Special Assualt. The first 45 minutes was basicly me trying to fly and bug the enemy but in reallity it was basicly I fly in and fire at something and either 20 misiles come flying out of no where or another flyer hunts me down across the continent until I am dead.

It got to a point where the CR5's called troops to Searhus to recliam bases. 30 minutes later after talling everyone to abandon Hossin, that same CR5 calls on people to reinforce the Hossin front which was basicly fractured beyond repair at the time. Our attack on Acan failed. The NC marched on our position at Kisin and at Chac, the last two VS bases.

The tower outside of Kisin was a fun battle. I got on top with a Thumper shooting emp shells at the Vanguards and solders surrounding the tower. This cause enough of disruption to make them hold back until their weapons and implants were restored. I then pelted them with plasma shells, killing half a dozen solders hiding behind hills and trees. Then pelted others with fragmintation shells for a bit. After that I reapeated the processes. In the end the tower is captured by them with overwhelming force. I did what I could to resecure the tower but I didn't have the proper gear and I swas in a weak armor (no rexo on this character).

The battle then moved to Kisin it self. At first it looked like we could hold them at the walls but lack of man power quickly brought that idea down. We then tried to hold them from the main building but their Vanguards proved to be too devistating and we retreated inside. I then took up in a AI MAX at the back door. Got about a dezen or so kills there. Not a single NC solder made it past us there but they had breached practicly every where else. They sent in their MAX's and almost every single one of their solders had Decimaters. The next thing I remember is seeing the lights go out and everything turned red, generator went out. Shortly after that I died and saw no spawn points on Hossin.

I see most CR5's still have no real brains. If only they didn't call the troops away from Hossin to begin with we could have secured Acon and Ghanon. But due to the command to go else where, the few troops we had left couldn't keep up with the ever increasing numbers of NC troops.

I haven't seen anyone, or atleast haven't noticed, from ATF online. Also even though I am on a T3 line I was still having some casses of lag in battles. My average frame rate was about 90 but in battles it got as low as 10. The highest I saw was 130's.

Last edited by TimberWolf; 01-14-2006 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:56 PM   #21
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
In 8 hours of playing I have yet to spot anyone from ATF. I have run into people from other outfits that I know and have played along side with them.

I will probably not play tonight but should get some time tomarrow (love having days off from class and work). I am not happy with the Reaver and Mosquito certs for my second character. The next chance I get I will drop them and change him over to either more of a ground pounder setup or more of a support role.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:18 AM   #22
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX
I left the ATF outfit and joined Wolf Brigade's. They still have several active people.
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:18 PM   #23
Levo

Levo RSS Feed
Hey Twolf..ATF is not active in PS anymore. I think the only person that carries the ATF tag now is Ardamir. Just look in on teamspeak down in the Wolfbrigade section of it. We usually hang out in Alpha channel..although been kinda slow the past few nights.

My two favorite quotes:
"Ignorance Is Bliss"
"What do you mean I'm not kind?
Just not your kind"
Levo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:59 PM   #24
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
I haven't reinstalled TS on my computer. Need to get around and set it back up again.

Couple of questions:
1. How do you eject from a flying vehicle? (can't remember how)

2. How do I get those nice looking sun glasses I see people sporting in the fields?

3. Do merits give you anything besides a patch for your shoulder?

4. Why do I keep getting Outfit Invites left and right from strangers? Is there something that is displaying that I am not in one?

5. Is it just me or has the Pulsar been nerfed since I last played? I remember being able to kill NC troops from a distance with ease but now I get owned by the Jackhammer at that distance.
Old 01-16-2006, 08:04 PM   #25
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
1. Alt+G

2. Reward for BR 24/25 (no cert points past BR23)

3. Only the bomber merit (access to Vulture), 2 year merit (HSR) and BFR pilot (Flight Variant)

4. Yes, you show as "No Outfit" as you're running around.

5. Pulsar, if memory serves, has only been buffed. It is actually the best weapon at extreme range (100m+) but has always been an iffy close-quarters one IMO. However, no nerf that I'm remembering.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:05 PM   #26
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Can someone PM me the TS info? I have it installed now but have to change some wiring everytime I want to use the mic because my TV tuner card uses the same audio input.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:22 PM   #27
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
I just downloaded it so I'll be joining you guys tomorrow probably.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:37 PM   #28
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
30 days over and done with. That patch two weeks ago killed my will to play when it reduced the FPS by half. Over all I didn't enjoy it enough to be willing to come back.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2