Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 08-30-2002, 02:54 AM   #1
Ashaman
Alliance Member

Ashaman RSS Feed
A word from Blake Hutchins (AKA Hexabolic from Tribes)...

[quote:52c4eb7165]
Heya all,
Just thought I'd mention that Dave G. was always very encouraging about story and background. From what I've seen at the site and from talking to Dave and the designer of PS, it looks like they're building from the ground up what we'd WANTED to do with Tribes 2, namely, produce a challenging tactical team combat game with a rich SF backstory players can join and *actually* impact though play. It's not worth delving into the grimy internal history of T2, but I can say without qualification that Dave was *not* the devil. I wish him the best at Sony and think the game is in excellent hands with him. The problem with a lot of T2 (were I to sum it up)is that it was implemented to play and feel like a sport, whereas the backstory and initial design specs steered toward epic science fictional military combat.

Best,

Blake

[This message has been edited by Hexabolic (edited 29 August 2002).]
[/quote:52c4eb7165]

I am from the old OLD school of T1. I played before there was such a thing as heavy offense and skiing. The games back then were more like what Planetside seems to be. T1 was epic (compared to other games of the time), and it was very tactical. Definitely something that I was interested in ('squad based combat... teamplay on an epic scale... no man is an island...')

I hope that Blake has heard correctly.
Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 08:09 AM   #2
Freebird
PlanetSide Characters

Freebird RSS Feed
Best news I've heard so far!
Freebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 10:09 AM   #3
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
damn. I hope that PS lives up to Blake's description. As we talked and read more about the game, that is what I was thinking PS was going to turn out to be like. And, frankly I like it. Asha- I'm in the same boat as you. Old Skool T1, no HvyO, no Skiing, it was fun.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2002, 11:26 AM   #4
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
Old school T1, but I do like the new style of T2. Niether of them lived up to the hype I heard about them before their release. PS sounds the same as the hype for the T's but they are atualy following through with it.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2