Old 04-14-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Markov and Emerald to merge.

Quote:
With the goal of maintaining a high level of battle between the three Empires of PlanetSide, the two North American servers, Markov and Emerald, will be merged into one server on May 20, 2008. The new server will be named Gemini to represent the two long standing servers.
Producer's Letter - North American Server Merge on May 20, 2008
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #2
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
Re: Markov and Emerald to merge.

Oh, how the mighty has fallen. I remember when the servers were almost always full. If only they actually paid attention to what the players wanted from the beginning instead of letting profits drive their actions.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Blackwolf

Blackwolf RSS Feed

Well I just hope that people come back and play the game now

DEVs are showing more interest in the game lately though, hacking has all but vanished and there are new weapons including a flamethrower.
Blackwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:13 AM   #4
SYKOwetto
ATF Member
PlanetSide Characters

SYKOwetto RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to SYKOwetto

I actually just recently stoped playing, but i may have to go back since the servers are finally going to merge. Might be worth playing again. We will see.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed

I got an email saying that they are letting all the old timers back in to play and see the new planetside for a month. Tried to see if my characters were there on the website and the server would only give me a blank screen. Then tried to see if I could download the game as I don't have the CD's with me, and only could find a pay to download link.

I have interest in the game but it still looks like the old game where the Devs are still not listening and completing the work for the the players on a reasonable time span. Do they have those new bases yet?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:51 AM   #6
Blackwolf

Blackwolf RSS Feed

No the new bases idea I believe was scraped. The difficulty is that they can't cut into the landscape and so any new base would be similar in size and shape as the current ones.

They are working on something called MAX Factory. What it is I don't know but it sounds like an arena style thing for urban warfare or something like that.

Phantasm is in and so is the Galaxy Gunship though. They also have 3 new weapons (technically 5 but 3 of them are ES pistols that are identical to one another). The Dragon flamethrower and the Scorpion missile launcher. The Scorpion is somewhat interesting, you set a range and fire the missile into the air, it explodes and scatters mini bombs that explode after falling 20m or so but only then. It does a good deal of damage to infantry if you aim it right.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:52 PM   #7
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed

Well, they could always build the bases into towers or into larger underground structures. I didn't mind their size, just didn't like having the same handful of layouts.

Just the name MAX Factory sounds like a base that allows the production of MAX units for that continent.

I have heard they added more engineering toys but have also heard they keep fooling around with the weapon balancing as they can't seem to design or maintain the balances from before. The Scorpion does sound interesting, would have been nice back in the days before the BFR's.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #8
Blackwolf

Blackwolf RSS Feed

I forgot all about the Engineering stuff.

Engineers can set up cloak bubbles now, and can upgrade these bubbles to supply troops with ammo or upgrade them to a sort of shield kind of like the BFR shields. They can also deploy stationary turrets that infantry can get in and shoot with, the turrets are fairly powerful things, I managed to chase off a GV BFR with one.

They also introduced an interceptor air craft called the Wasp, I don't know how long it has been since you played and this one is a fairly old addition to the game but there it is. 2 high powered lock on missiles and a 75 round gun that fires as fast as the Vulture nose gun, and it's afterburners recharge twice as fast as the Mosquito.

They have also expanded the hacking cert into elite hacking and so on. Hackers can implant viruses into bases that have various effects, they can hack occupied vehicles and can hack CE as well.

Come to think of it the game has gotten a good deal more complicated then it was only a year ago... And most of the complications were thrown in within the last 6 months.

I have no idea what this MAX factory really is honestly, haven't researched it much. I've only heard rumors that it is going to be some kind of urban battle area and it sounds a good deal like an arena thing.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:46 AM   #9
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed

All these small changes worked out nicely. Especially engineers can really turn the tide of battle with the small upgrades. Wall turrents can be upgraded to Anti-tank (or Anti-Infantry, I forgot) or Anti-Air. They can also deploy T.R.A.P's which are roadblocks that you can set in front of your base entrence so they can't just release an EMP and rush in. Also there are Anti-Air Spitfires, and Stealth-Spitfires (haha easy kills). It's really worth playing even if it's just for a week or so to check out the changes.
RocketMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #10
CannonBall
Celebrated Pooper
PlanetSide Characters

CannonBall RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to CannonBall

Come on back... you know you wanna!!

Rocket it was good to see you on Hossin today!

CannonBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #11
Blackwolf

Blackwolf RSS Feed

I've been back, just been playing characters other then BlackWolf.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:18 PM   #12
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX

I always feel a little bit of desire to get back into Planetside, but I think I've been gone far too long to really get myself back in the swing. Besides that, I've gotten pretty involved in gaming on my PS3 and have all but given up PC gaming. Man, Planetside had all the potential in the world.
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:40 PM   #14
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed

Resubscribed for a month. While I am not one to complain about inactivity, some of you havent been online in over 1000 days so... The population isnt bad at all. The battles are still there and still fierce but not as large as they were way back when. Otherwise, it has been pretty fun thus far. Some of you should check it out!
Old 07-21-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
SYKOwetto
ATF Member
PlanetSide Characters

SYKOwetto RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to SYKOwetto

I have been playin pretty heavy again for a while up until recently only because i got laid off. Once im employed again i will be back
SYKOwetto is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2