Old 08-01-2003, 08:20 AM   #1
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Talking a great addition to the game

Got this from the PS forums:

Quote:
In another thread we have been discussing some good "1 cert" ideas. My honest favorit would be to give someone a vertically challenged midget.
Here are the ideas (Thx to tenja, kudaki and others!)
-----------------------------------------------
I've got it hands down. 1 cert pt should be able to buy you a MIDGET. Wait, gotta be PC, a Short Person.

This guy could run alongside you and repair you if you need it or carry a grenade. BUT, he could also be dispatched inside a base or tower to run around with a broomstick hitting enemies (doing very very little damage or none at all). Basically he just annoys them and can be used as a distraction. Once deployed, he will not return to its owner. Auto deconstruct after 30 seconds or death. Once deployed, the owner will have a popup windows in 3rd person view, where he can watch his midget wreak havoc on the base. No control, just watching.

Maybe instead of shadowing you he could ride in a backpack with arms and legs swinging about as you fight.

Everyone would love a midget.
-------------------------------------------
I agree with Tenja.
Midgets are mucho needed.

What's more, I would like a secondary fire mode on my midget where as, instead of annoying people, I can toss him down some stairs and have him bounce around corner to wreak havoc.

Perhaps, he can also go around collecting med packs from from dead corpses... must train him in case we ever get personal mini-fridges filled with beer that he can fetch for me.
--------------------------------------------
Maybe have the midget strapped to the front of vehicles as well so when you mow down people the last thing they see is a smiling midget.
Ahh! Monkeys! Monkeys are good too. Maybe we could have a special "easter egg" where instead of looking like a normal vs/nc/tr guy, you can BECOME a midget and then have a monkey as a weapon. He can have wicked teeth and be called a "Gnasher", which of course, would be nerfed because of its insane ability to chomp up infantry and vehicles.
And really, if we could BE midgets, than it would enchance team play and cooperation. How, you might ask? Simple. 1 cert "Toss" cert where you toss a squad-mate into a mass of zerging enemies and have him and his monkey weapon explode like a HUGE 'nade.

Woot!
Also, you could have the option of staging fights between midgets in the courtyard of bases during hacks. You could wager XP points on your (or your squadmembers) midgets or monkeys and they would duke it out till death.

This would greatly cut down on the monotany of a base hack while entertaining all involved.

Anyway you look at it, midgets = funny
To me, there are only two feasible ways, and I'll explain each.
The first way to make it would require multiple (probably three or four) one point certs. After all, what if you have two certs left at BR20 and take a one point cert? You still have that annoying leftover cert point... So you'll need a few, just to eliminate the problem. And we have pleanty of good ideas here, even though some are worth more than one cert.
The second way to make one point certs work is, of course, to make the one point cert the aforementioned "Little Person." Don't ask how that makes it work; it has to do with Midgit Magic.
--------------------------------------A few more midget ideas:
1) Have the midget ride on the hood of vehicles like a hood ornament. He could then pt out enemies or duck for cover when missles come flying in. Im sure people would not get pissed when run over if they see a midget smiling at them just before impact.

2) Make the midget ride in a backpack when you are running. He carries a slingshot with him and fires off pebbles when an enemy is in range. They would do something pathetic like 1 armor pt loss per hit and wouldn't do any real harm. It would just be real funny when the midget shot finishes off a guy and you get a midget icon in the kil box.

Also when running his legs and arms will flop about while humming "It's a Small World After All". Funny as hell. Maybe he can even taunt you or enemies when fighting.

3) Dispatching the midget to wreak havok is an esxcellent idea. You do need the camera box that pops up so you can see his fun. Of course the camera will be at Knee-level to most every player but fully in midget perspective. He would have a small hitbox and be extremely annoying (thus forcing the enemies to shoot him), thus wasting ammo on him and not you.

4) Also when you kill someone with the midget cert, you would get 10 XP extra for the little guy and the dual kill will be noted in the kill window. Your midget can be named anything you want like shorty, stumpy, stubby, wee-man, etc..

In closing, the midget needs to be implemented. He really does not do much damage or have too much of an impact on the game. Everyone loves a midget and they would be weel worth the 1 cert pt. for the humor.

Please rally behind this idea if you support it. I highly doubt you could deny the fact that seeing a midget run up a tower staircase shooting pebbles would be funny as hell.
-----------------------------------

This idea is no joke. Lets rally behind this idea! Everyone for it plz "sign" this thread.

RicedMiniCooperS NC BR5/CR1 on Emerald
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/011237.html
Old 08-01-2003, 08:32 AM   #2
Swad

Swad RSS Feed

I'm speechless
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:23 PM   #4
Azusa
PlanetSide Characters

Azusa RSS Feed
I have to say I like this idea alot for some reason, not like just alot, like alot alot so much so I'm a bit worried.... can I name him Pepe?

Oh yeah first post too yay and stuff, and hello all
Old 08-01-2003, 11:31 PM   #5
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
LOL, hey man it's about time you got yer butt in here. Everybody, in case you didn't know, Azusa actually was one of the founding fathers of SOB way back in '99.
Old 08-02-2003, 10:10 AM   #6
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Sweet, it's great to see more SOB guys on here, I always get a kick out of you folks.
Splidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:31 PM   #7
Azusa
PlanetSide Characters

Azusa RSS Feed
What can I say I'm a bit of a recluse, and kind of going along on this idea, any of you who have played generals will know this well, but say you spend an extra cert or two and you can have a flying drone (or midget) that offers repair support and/or Minimal AI deffense. Of course you would have to get supplies for it like the repair packs and bullets....... I think I'll name it Pepe the second
Azusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 09:42 AM   #8
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
I want a vertically challenged midget
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:16 PM   #9
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Gak! Damn old threads popping up!

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2