Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 09-10-2004, 07:28 PM   #1
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
PS/ EQ Convention

"Well it has been over a year since PS launched back in May 03' leading me to the assumption that a large ,semi-consistent player base has been established. As we all know EQ has amoung the largest and most active followings of the entire computer gaming world. EQ is also published by SOE just like PS. If we can SOE to sponser a convention with PS AND EQ in a more nationally accesible area than San Diego this might become that much more of a realistic idea. After talking to a couple of other players in other Markov outfits several sites have been suggested, the most notable and recommended being Las Vegas. Several factors support this as well as bring it back to reality. Most notable is that the players who would be interested in attending this gathering would be those 18+ who happen make up the majority of the population of players who have been playing the longest. Being 18+ also makes this idea more financially realisitc, however it does bring in the issue of everyone schedule..college, jobs, and families. The only solution I can think of is to set a goal for summer 05', this will hopefully occur when the PS player population is larger and the players have knowledge of this to have time to save up and make arrangements.

Probably the most detracting reason for the "convention" is money followed by the crazy EQ costume ppl in a close 2nd :P But the larger the number of attendees, hopefully the cheaper the room will become in addition to the place accomodating everyone. If a tenative number of potential attendees can be reached and fowarded to hotels and such, hopefully they will make offers in order to attract our business."

I posted this at RP's website. Since they are amoung the most known outfits on Markov they can gather ideas and stuff fairly quick. Right now I guess we should just ask if ppl would want to do this, how interested are they? how much $$ could they spend?
Every minute I become more and more consumed by this. Im off to a couple of other websites to post. Oh, and please post andy thoughts you have regarding the whole convention thing.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:09 AM   #2
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Well if Im spending my money to see people I don't want to see people that I don't know from EQ. Don't play the game and just to have them part of it to make it cheater? Naw. If you set up something and give it plenty of time then you will get the people. People from PS have done this already this year down in Florida with a good turn out, called PSUMA. They capped it like at 50 for the first year just so they know they could handle it. Sony will only help so much and then the majority of it will have to be done by the individuals as I saw from PSUMA. Now they are thinking of doing it again but this time in San Diego. Why not just team up with them and Sony and see what happens. That way we can meet the people from the game we are playing and not have to worry about another game just to make it cheaper. Remember this wasnt a lan party, nobody brought any computers to play it was just a get together. Now a lan party would be more time and money.

Me and Gryphon were talking about maybe going to the next PSUMB but we will see. Like all others you really can't make a decision until the time gets closer as work, family, and money come into play. But go see what others are doing and lets keep it just PS based no need to get another Sony game into.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2