Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 06-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Addon Spotlight: Postal

Addon Spotlight takes a look at the little bits of Lua and XML that make our interfaces special. From bar mods to unit frames and beyond, if it goes in your Addons folder, we'll cover it here.

I find it hard to believe we haven't featured this mod before, so I guess it's about time. Postal is your mailbox's best friend.

• Your To: field now has a contact list, and will auto-complete all your alts automatically, as well as people you've mailed recently.
  • Last name mailed is automatically filled in; great for sending multiple messages to the same person (or if you are constantly mailing stuff to your AH alt, like me).
  • Shift-click to take items/money from mail, control-click to return mail, alt-click to add something from your inventory to the current mail.
  • "Open all" button (you can also choose to just open all AH mail, etc.)
  • Checkboxes to selectively open/return multiple messages at once.
  • Shows a summary of money gained after "open all" is done.
  • Automatically fill in subject fields when sending money or items, if you leave the subject blank.
Some of these, especially "open all," are so essential they should really be default features. This is all configurable, as well, so if you don't like any of Postal's features, you can easily turn them off.

The mailbox becomes a much more pleasant experience once you have Postal installed. It's a convenience on other characters, but on my bank/AH alt, it's pretty much a necessity. Individually clicking to open, then clicking to take the money/items from each of thirty AH mails gets tedious fast. One click instead of sixty? I'll take it.

Download Postal at Curse

Addons are what we do on Addon Spotlight. Let Power Auras Classic show you what you need to know with pretty glowing pictures. See what recipes you don't know with Ackis Recipe List. And remember, Addon Spotlight is fueled by viewers like you, so if you have a mod you think we should take a look at, drop us a line.
Filed under: Items, AddOns, AddOn Spotlight, Alts

Addon Spotlight: Postal originally appeared on WoW.com on Sat, 06 Jun 2009 16:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News