Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 06-06-2003, 10:05 AM   #1
insaneferret
PlanetSide Characters

insaneferret RSS Feed
new patch fixes lots of stuff

***NOTE: This patch not available until Monday. This is just FYI so you know what's coming.***
Version 1.4 (6/9/03)

1) Continental Population Cap is now shown on the overhead map interface. This is designed to give you warning when your Empire has enough people on a continent that it is "population locked" and you won't be able to get there via Warpgate or Instant Action or Shuttle. The overhead map now shows you the percentage of maximum at a specific continent so you can easily make travelling decisions before you arrive at a warpgate.

2) The vehicle queuing system is now in place. When you select a vehicle, you will be immediately transported to the driver seat and then the vehicle will autodrive off the purchase pad (air vehicles will fly upward and away) before you gain active control of the vehicle. In addition, your purchasing request enters a "queue" if there are other players in line ahead of you. All you have to do is stay near the vehicle pad and when your turn arrives you will instantly transport to the driver's seat, as normal. If you leave the area, or if you are killed, your purchase request will be voided and your vehicle won't be created.

3) If you hit Grief Level 4 (a very rare occurrence...it has only happened a couple times) you will no longer be able to reenter the game. Your account will be banned. (There was a circumstance where the account wasn't being completely banned. This is now fixed.)

4) Outfit decals now work properly. Previously, only the Outfit leader saw them properly. Additionally, the outfit decals have been positioned more prominently on vehicles so that it shows off better. (NOTE to all users: If you don't see Outfit Names on players, try hitting ALT+N a couple times. One of the Name toggle settings shows player names AND outfit names.) There will be modifications to the way Outfit icons are shown on individual armors in the next patch to improve the aesthetics.

5) The Decimator icon (in your holster) now properly disappears once all three shots have been fired and the weapon is discarded automatically.

6) You can no longer /ignore GM broadcasts. (Not that you would want to...right?)

7) You should no longer see the energy coils inside the Amp Station sorting through the building walls so they are visible from outside.

8) Users are now prevented from ever being able to end up beneath the world after respawning.

9) TR MAX Dual-Cycler has been changed to do less damage per shot against infantry targets.

10) TR MAX Pounder has been changed so its explosion is slightly smaller and so that its damage-at-edge-of-explosion is slightly less also. This brings the Pounder back into balance a bit, and also reduces its grief potential somewhat.

11) The secondary firing mode of the Rocklet didn't have proper delays set on its aesthetic qualities. That has been fixed now to match the actual function of the weapon.

12) Bridges now show up on the VR Driving area map screen.

13) Added a title to the Sanctuary Respawn window so it's more obvious to most users.

14) WARNING! The Phalanx wall turrets WILL fire automatically again...if your Empire owns an Interlink Facility somewhere on the same continent. Beware the auto-turrets if you're in a flying craft!

15) The exploit with the ACE which allowed users to lay mines inside buildings has been fixed. This will no longer be possible.

16) The Boomer explosion effect now occurs as it should. The explosion will now be visible again.

17) Due to legal requirements, the ESRB logo splash screen at the start of the game now requires a 4-second delay before you can "pound" through it with the spacebar. (This is a new law we have to comply with...we wouldn't saddle you with a delay like this voluntarily.)

Last edited by insaneferret; 06-06-2003 at 10:22 AM.
insaneferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:20 AM   #2
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: new patch fixes lots of stuff

Sounds like a good patch. Looking forward to it.
Old 06-06-2003, 10:31 AM   #3
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Nosferatu
Yeah, that does sound like a good patch.

I like the TR nerfs. I'm interested to see the rocklet change they mentioned. The auto-firing turrets sound cool if you're not on the receiving end of the turret fire.

The vehicle queue will be a nice addition for all of those zerged bases where everyone and their sister is at the vehicle pad. (especially a HACKED vehicle pad that only stays hacked for so long)

I'm also anxious to see our cool emblem on our armors and vehicles!

And THANK GOD they fixed the bridges not showing up on the map in VR....I can't tell you how many times I've almost cancelled my account because that feature wasn't implemented...
Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:42 AM   #5
insaneferret
PlanetSide Characters

insaneferret RSS Feed
why didn't they just say that then

sux about the monday release tho

that 4 second ESRB delay is teh sux though

Last edited by insaneferret; 06-06-2003 at 10:49 AM.
insaneferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 10:56 AM   #6
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally posted by Nosferatu
And THANK GOD they fixed the bridges not showing up on the map in VR....I can't tell you how many times I've almost cancelled my account because that feature wasn't implemented...
Heh heh...that's one of the few bugs I reported in beta.
Splidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #7
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
I don't like the ESRB logo thing... I think that if people don't know it's rated T for "ZTeen", then they shouldn't have spent the money on it. But everything else looks good... and yeah, the Turrets firing on you sucks balls.

What that'll mean for hot drops is faster ones, on afterburner. That means everyone has only ONE shot at making the base on target, unless the turrets won't shoot at you from a high altitude. (Like 400M where I like to play.) I would like to see a higher ceiling tho.There are some mountains that are 402M high, and you can't get over them, and it's usually too late to turn by the time you notice you're not goona clear.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 11:19 AM   #8
Grunt
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Grunt RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Grunt Send a message via AIM to Grunt Send a message via MSN to Grunt Send a message via Yahoo to Grunt Send a message via Skype™ to Grunt
ALL HAIL SPLIDZ!!! ALL HAIL SPLIDZ!!! ALL HAIL SPLIDZ!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 11:28 AM   #9
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Maybe we should practice some high-speed drops this weekend before the patch goes live.
Old 06-06-2003, 11:33 AM   #10
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
We can do that. right in the Sanc, on one of the towers. Easy, and safe.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #11
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
WTF peeople, just take the interlink facility when going to a continent first, or at least kill it's gens
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 01:42 PM   #12
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SlayerZero
At least now it will mean that takeing a spacific base really means something.
Old 06-06-2003, 01:57 PM   #13
Nosferatu
Indy - XO
PlanetSide Characters

Nosferatu RSS Feed
Quote:
Originally posted by SmackDab
WTF peeople, just take the interlink facility when going to a continent first, or at least kill it's gens
SHHHH!!! We will not tolerate a voice of reason in this thread!!!
Old 06-06-2003, 02:54 PM   #14
VeryGrimm
PlanetSide Characters

VeryGrimm RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to VeryGrimm
I like that keeping the base turrets up will mean more. IMO, defenders of a base should have an advantage. Right now, the only structure that really gives an advantage seems to be towers because of the limited access points.
VeryGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #15
AvengerX
PlanetSide Characters

AvengerX RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to AvengerX
Quote:
Originally posted by Nosferatu
SHHHH!!! We will not tolerate a voice of reason in this thread!!!
This made me laugh. Thank you.
AvengerX is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2