Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 06-12-2009, 09:12 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
WoW Moviewatch: Warcraft Meets Star Trek

At first, I wasn't entirely positive how I felt about Warcraft Meets Star Trek. The author, who goes by muffstermunch, doesn't have a lot of credits to his name yet, and does say this is his first full-length music video. So, while I was definitely interested in the idea, I wasn't sure what to think.

As I fired up the YouTube stream, though, my beloved Draenei fiancee saw it over my shoulder. Recognizing the song from old Dr. Demento shows, she started laughing at the dancing gnomes and immediately yelled, "Oh my god, that's awesome!" So, if nothing else, that experience instantly won me over.

Warcraft Meets Star Trek is one of those machinima pieces that is just plain fun. The sheer ridiculousness of the WoW models chosen to represent the original cast is brilliant. The idea to use of a brooding Night Elf as Spock was particularly inspired, in my opinion. While the ending credits could probably be shorter for most people's tastes, I think the author has created an overall laugh-worthy, fun music video.

The author definitely won me over with his freshman effort, and I truly hope to see more comedic bits from him.

Interested in the wide world of machinima? We have new movies every weekday here on WoW Moviewatch! Have suggestions for machinima we ought to feature? Toss us an e-mail at machinima AT wow DOT com.

Filed under: Analysis / Opinion, WoW Moviewatch

WoW Moviewatch: Warcraft Meets Star Trek originally appeared on WoW.com on Fri, 12 Jun 2009 12:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News