Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Old 07-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
Amythaon

Amythaon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Hello from WH!

I know I've been slacking... hehe Samanda reminded me I should do this, so here I am saying hi to all of you in ATF!

Thank you so much for attending our raid on Saturday, I think we all had an alot of fun and we got some good loot out there for people who attended. I hope to see many of you next raid on Saturday July 22nd.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Amythaon, gm of WinterHearted, and for those who haven't already done so, our site is www.winterhearted.com please feel free to visit/register etc etc etc.

I know many of us aren't into using dkp, dealing with dkp, keeping track of dkp or earning it. I myself am reluctant to do so. I would like to start for the zg/aq20 runs on Saturdays, but do want to keep it as simple as possible for all parties involved and as fair as can be managed. The main reason for this is because I want to get the practice in for myself in dealing with one and especially my guild members in using one so when we do hit the 40 man runs, I'm not struggling to work out bugs as well as dealing with new raiding drama that seems to naturally come with the 40 man instances.

I would like to meet and talk with your leading members or at least the ones who will be attending raids with WH regularly to discuss some of the ideas I'm bouncing off my own officers. I would also suggest we have one ATF member and one WH member keeping track of the numbers and meeting mid week (between the runs) to do kinda a checks and balances system so as to eliminate as much human error as possible.

Please feel free to contact me either email, in game, wh forums, or whatever other means you can come up with lol as this is the "communication" era and options are seemingly limitless these days.

Again, I look forward to seeing many of you in raid again on Saturday and thank you to all those who were there last Saturday!

~ Amythaon
Amythaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: Hello from WH!

Thanks for coming over its so hard sometimes to get others we try to team up with to do so. And welcome!

Looks like both sides had a great time last sat. and look forward to doing more with you guys. Sounds like you are along the same lines as meeting up to discuss how things will work during raids and such. You can contact any of us ingame or whatnot and they will direct you to the righ person and we will discuss on our end who will be the few that will who you need to talk with about rules and such. And who will be on the runs the most so they can relay to us whats going on.

Thanks again for taking the time to come on over! Hope to raid with you all soon.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:44 PM   #3
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Hey Amy! Yeah, it was great fun on Saturday...kinda sucks that I'll be missing this Saturday's...but then again I'll be in Brazil so don't feel TOO bad for me.

Just wanted to let you know we're keeping up with you and not ignoring ya.

Discussions about these sorts of things as soon as possible sounds great, as that will help avoid drama in the future. I can't speak with any authority about who/when that will happen (since I'm not the "leader"...I'm just the most talkative officer), but I'm sure one or the other of our officers will be in touch with you guys soon to set up a time to meet about that.

In the meantime, if you want to get a listing of our officers, just point your web browser to The ATF Roster and anyone in the "Firelord" and "Arkhon" ranks will be able to get you where you need to. If you need to talk to someone in ATF really quickly for some reason, I'd recommend Skillet (and his myriad alts) or Danerune (and his almost as numerous alts) as they're the two most readily available.

One of the things that I'd personally* like to see, since you're still kicking ideas around, is alternate ways to earn DKP. Obviously going on runs and killing bosses would be the primary way to earn DKP, but a lot of ATF in particular has pesky RL commitments and can't always make every run. I don't like the idea of them being "left behind" because their very real lives prevent them from going. Since I heard you mentioning the cost of flasks, perhaps points could be awarded for contributing materials and/or the flasks themselves and other needed consumables. So say for example Sam couldn't make it to Saturday's run, rather than him falling behind every druid on the run he has the option to donate the materials for X flask of Y and earn, maybe not the same DKP, but some of it so he's still in the midst of things. Just trying to think of some members who are not as...shall we say...flexible in their schedule as people like myself.

Anyway, welcome to the boards...and don't mind the trolls.

* - personally, as in these ideas do not represent all the officers or ATF

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:49 AM   #4
Amythaon

Amythaon RSS Feed
WoW Characters

I met with a good number of you lastnight as we sat and discussed dkp.. or rather I shared with you my vision and you all patiently listened with questions. I greatly appreciate the respect, understanding and patience I have been shown in this harrowing dealing of loot. I know none of us really wants to work with a dkp system... and with a 20 man run it's not necesary, but I would like to have the practice in the event we are into molten coretogether at any point in time.

I'm going to sit down today probably and write out all of the dkp in the alliance portion of the WH forums and post the rules as well at the head of the instance run sign ups after we have agreed on the system.

Anyway, I need to restart my computer as it's lagging horribly. HOpe to talk to you all again very soon and thank you so very much for listening to me yesterday.

~ Amythaon
Amythaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:51 PM   #5
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Was a good discussion yesterday and it looks like we agree on how simple we want to keep it and your idea of how do a dkp set up seems to work with both of us. Our guilds sound similiar and looks like it might be a good meld between us. I look forward to running with you guys and getting to know ya'll.

Thanks again Amy!
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft