Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Officers' Quarters: Rating Cataclysm's guild perks, part 2

Every Monday, Scott Andrews contributes Officers' Quarters, a column about the ins and outs of guild leadership. He is the author of The Guild Leader's Handbook, available this spring from No Starch Press.

Last week, I reviewed the perks that provide money and convenience. Today, I'm going to talk about (and rate) the remaining perks, which I've divided into three categories: active abilities, professions and points.

Active abilities

Currently in the beta, two guild perks offer castable abilities. It's not clear yet whether everyone in the guild will gain access to these abilities, whether they will become available to a given player once a certain level of guild reputation is achieved, or whether the guild leader will be able to assign them to specific guild ranks as they do now with other actions, such as inviting new players. Time will tell.

Have Group, Will Travel Summons all raid or party members to the caster's current location. 2-hour cooldown.

This perk is, frankly, a godsend for getting raids started. No more clicking giant rocks or warlock portals over and over again! People who are lagging behind everyone else might still wind up begging for a summon, but compared to summoning 23 other people one by one, this is a walk in the park. It amazes me how many people can't be bothered to fly to a raid entrance, but that's another story ...

This ability will also be useful for bringing players together for group questing, roleplaying or world PvP.

The best part is that the summon occurs at "the caster's current location." I wonder if there will be restrictions on that. Could a Horde rogue sneak into Ironforge and summon 39 other players right where she's standing? If so, the possibilities for mayhem are endless.

5 salutes out of 5
Continue reading Officers' Quarters: Rating Cataclysm's guild perks, part 2

Filed under: Officers' Quarters (Guild Leadership)

Officers' Quarters: Rating Cataclysm's guild perks, part 2 originally appeared on WoW.com on Mon, 12 Jul 2010 13:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News