Old 05-22-2003, 01:59 PM   #1
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Angry some outfits get ahead like this:

Posted on the Planetside.com message board:

Quote:
On Emerald server, there is an outfit named Hand of God. It is a small outfit with only 20 members. On the the Top 10 BEP Leaderboard, no.1 through no.8 are all Hand of God. On the top 10 Outfit Leaderboard they are listed as the #1 TR Outfit on Emerald. If you calculate their outfit pts per member, they out score all other outfits on any server. The gap with which they outscore everyone is amazing. Take a peek..
Using the top 3 outfits from each faction on Emerald, heres some examples of Average Points per Outfit Member:

OutfitPtAvg = OutfitPts / #Members

*146,904* = 2938091 / 20 = *Hand of God* (TR)
89,716 = 2242913 / 25 = Da'Kor (TR)
44,433 = 1644023 / 37 = VS MAX Corp (VS)
37,520 = 6641147 / 177 = Sturmgrenadier (NC)
34,248 = 2671403 / 78 = HMX-1 (TR)
32,270 = 2420304 / 75 = www.xenforcers (VS)
31,689 = 2535133 / 80 = -PAW- (NC)
20,467 = 3704538 / 181 = Retards With Sticks (NC)
20,324 = 1382032 / 68 = The Forty Deuce (VS)

That's a bit of an anomolly to me. Most outfits have 20-40k per member. That's about 30k per member avg. Hand of God has quintupled that average. Five times more exp than all the other folks playing the game. I think Da'Kor with almost 90k per member may have dabbled in what Hand of God is doing. Here is a picture of what they are doing:

http://dynamic5.gamespy.com/~tf152/P...-pscheater.jpg
(credits to raz1337 for this snapshot which he's posted in another thread.)

In the screenshot you can find Madteo, Neeb, Dresdenn, and I think that's Dallas just outside the door. Madteo's comment of "We told you too much, time to die" made me raise an eyebrow. You can also find these few players in the top 10 of TR BEP Leaderboard on Emerald.

Madteo = 337,666 pts
Neeb = 256,759 pts
Dresdenn = 255,842 pts
Dallas = 251,954 pts

Just four of these Hand of God have over 1mil pts when some entire outfits in the top 10 barely have that much. The top pts for NC & VS are 160,000 or so.

How do they do it? I think many have heard of it already, more will soon. You take your squad, block out a cap room physically to deny access to enemy OR FRIENDLY soldiers. Then, a 2nd account with an opposing faction character or a willing enemy joins your squad in the cap room. You protect him from any friendlies trying to kill him because you need him to stay alive. Your enemy patsy hacks the base, your squad hacks it back. Advanced hackers on each side, so it takes 60 secs to ping-pong the base once. Wash, rinse, repeat. Bring the beer, chat it up, ping-pong, ping-pong.

For each rehack lets guess around 1000 pts, rough estimate. That's over 50,000 pts an hour. I've played about 20-30 hours so far and I have a bit over 125,000 pts. The folks in the screen shot, they have 250,000+ each.

Soooooooooo, down to the point of this long post:

IF I DO THIS WILL YOU BAN MY ACCOUNT?

If it's an exploit or bug, I shouldn't do it and I would expect to be suspended or possibly banned if I abused it and didn't report it.

If it is NOT an exploit or a bug, I'm going to recommend that my outfit do this to get us to BR20 / CR5 in a day. Maybe two days.

Also, any friendly at the base should get rehack pts. Just have to stay in SOI for 1 min each time for the ping to pong... We could power level the whole Outfit. Heck we could power level the whole NC Faction by advertising where the party is at in Sanctuary...

I hope Dev's will post here some guidance. I'll also /appeal in game to see if those folks have any answer.

I don't want the game to be unbalanced, and I don't want to encourage poor sportsmanship or bad behavior. (non sequitor: Mendicant, my apologies to you on that point.) I also don't want to grind to BR20/CR5. Dev's, please give the players a yes or no on this. Alot of folks are uncertain if they should say 'Boooo exploiters' or 'Yay smart people!'

So, in closing, we've seen what the ping-pong method can accomplish. We aren't sure if it is allowed with out consequences against our accounts or reputations. We are requesting some official feedback / guidance on the matter.
Spork's reponse:

Quote:
Individuals who were using the exploit have been contacted and we've let them know that we will be watching their activities for a while to make sure they understand that this activity is an exploit. Having said that, it is not likely that this will be possible in the coming weeks, as lightly guarded bases become rarer. While we are prepared to take action to make sure the activity does not run rampant, we also have to recognize that power gamers will always find the quickest and most efficient ways of ranking up. For the most part, this is fine as long as they stay within the parameters of the gameplay design - we do want people to feel rewarded for their commitment to this achievement. We just have to balance that with the more casual player watching and feeling slighted by those who use exploits to get there.
"While we are prepared to take action to make sure the activity does not run rampant, we also have to recognize that power gamers will always find the quickest and most efficient ways of ranking up." WTF does that mean? It's okay, cuz they're "power" gamers? Fuck that...they should have all their XP taken away from them.
Old 05-22-2003, 02:07 PM   #2
JC
PlanetSide Characters

JC RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to JC Send a message via AIM to JC Send a message via Yahoo to JC
Fuggin Fuggers, I say we do it too if they aren't gonna do anything about it.
JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 02:33 PM   #3
Malthus
PlanetSide Characters

Malthus RSS Feed
I think what they mean is that they recognize that within any system there will be a means to exploit it for maximum gain. These guys tried it and got their warning, it's Sony's decision.

While I don't condone what these guys were doing, I don't think we should stoop to that level. We are the #2 unit in our empire on our server and it's all done through hard work and to cheat that cheapens that accomplishment.
Malthus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2003, 03:09 PM   #4
SirDiesalot

SirDiesalot RSS Feed
WoW Characters
well said mal
Old 05-22-2003, 03:16 PM   #5
VeryGrimm
PlanetSide Characters

VeryGrimm RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to VeryGrimm
VeryGrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 04:47 PM   #6
MyPitBullTank
New Conglomerate Spy

MyPitBullTank RSS Feed
I have a feeling that once everybody gets high enough level-wise, all that those idiots will be left with is an empty sense of the game. They'll be gone soon enough, and I really don't think we'll see the full game potential for a few months at least. Those guys will miss the best that is yet to come!!!
Old 05-29-2003, 04:32 PM   #7
Stigma

Stigma RSS Feed
quick comment:

'power gamers' is a nice way of saying they have absolutely no lives.

also, they may rack up xp etc but here are a couple of downsides to this method:

1. fun/enjoyment: how much f'king fun would it be to sit there for two days accumulating points? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZ

2. the time it takes these fools to run their exploits, you guys are out there actually learning the game, working with one another, getting familiar with the weapons and everything else. Guys who run around trying to cheat/exploit only get laughed at eventually by the gaming community and never really excel at the game like regular gamers because they are too pre-occupied trying to find shortcuts

pussAys
Old 05-29-2003, 10:27 PM   #8
Jester
THZ* - XO

Jester RSS Feed
:/
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2003, 07:28 AM   #9
SlayerZero
PlanetSide Characters

SlayerZero RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SlayerZero
I was in a battle the other day that was a take off of WWI with the NC comeing over these two hills to take a tower that we held adn were assaultign their base from...THAT was great, but why in gods name would you get enjoyment from sitting on top of a bse for hours on end jsut to get cert points? If there was a masive amount of levels avalible I would sort of understand but there isnt so what do they do once they hit BR20? Like was stated its going to be months before they feel the need to add more stuff in that area. The game has been out for only a few weeks so its still new as far as distribution and on average it should take a month to hit 15-20, and thats playing hard. So to hit BR20 ina week would be cool for a day adn then get REALLY boring fast.
Old 05-30-2003, 08:15 AM   #10
SmackDab
PlanetSide Characters

SmackDab RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to SmackDab
Not necessiraly, I want BR20 just for the cert points to buy the certs I really want, then it'll be just about the stratigies and killing.

It'll be like well let's sit here all day, eventhough we get no XP from base defending and just keep NC and TR from coming to this continent all night.

If you already had all you wanted, and you didn't care about XP or cert points the game would cease to be magical bases and just be fun to try different things out.

And even MORE FUN to deny all the newcomers to actually get base captures to get XP, that would be a blast, stop all hacks cause you can actually roll in and rescue the base, and provide the enemy with no successful caps. AWE poor noobs might have to buy an account off Ebay to actually get points....so sad, me weep in my sleep tool.

Now THAT would be entertaining.
SmackDab is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2