Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 10-22-2004, 03:42 AM   #1
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
Weekend Event

The Race for Mechanical Resonance Begins!

See it as one big game of CTF..

The Core instructions state that it can deliver these crystals to the surface via a series of Monolithic columns spawned on each continent. Humanity must then retrieve these crystals and deliver them to the Capitol facility on the continent in which it spawned where it can be analyzed by your Empire's scientists. A monolith will spawn approximately once every 90 minutes on a random Battle Continent (but not on a Battle Island).

The spawning of these Monoliths will consume massive amounts of bandwidth on the Warpgate Lattice Network. So when a Monolith spawns each continent will be knocked offline as all facilities and towers go neutral. So, Empires will need to take the steps to capture and secure at least the Capitol building of the continent where the crystal spawns so that the crystal can be delivered.

HELL YEAH

The empire that wins gets this:

Participating soldiers of the winning empire will only require 4 Cavern Captures before they can begin the imprinting process.

Participating soldiers of the second place empire will require 7 Cavern Captures before they can begin the imprinting process.

The Empire that comes in third will require the full 10 Cavern Captures.

If a soldier does not use his imprinting reward within two weeks, they will lose it and be required to imprint with the full 10 captures.

More info at http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...&no_redir=true
RocketMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 07:27 AM   #2
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
Ok, i joined the event on werner for like 40 min. And It's really sick man. A continent will turn completely neutral. Then all the empires have 2 use the hart 2 go to the continent/world. Then they all hack like hell. and after like 10/20 min a Crystal spawns. You have 2 bring that to the capitol's Main terminal (that your empire controls, and the main terminal is finaly being used)

So 2 complete it, you have 2 control the capitol, but the other 2 empires also want 2 have the capitol so i think you know how big the war is. And XP heaven
RocketMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
I wish I had the time and money to play right now! Got mid-term this monday and need to study all weekend long. I WANT TO PLAY!!!

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:10 PM   #4
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Ya I can see some nasty 3 ways coming and ugh those are no fun.
Old 10-22-2004, 04:33 PM   #5
KWood
CO Indy
PlanetSide Characters

KWood RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Stang quit throwing me these softballs!!
KWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 04:34 PM   #6
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Oh ok
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2004, 07:50 AM   #7
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Quote:
Not going to change the points for Sunday caps. We are, however, increasing the rate in which the monolith spawns to double. Hopefully, this will allow for more action across the world and less people sitting in warpgates waiting to get involved. While I know it may not help out those that are behind, it does give them a better opportunity to make a comback, if they can pull it off (or for the leaders to pull further ahead, but hey, whatcha gonna do?).
Link: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...348450#M348450

Also the formal post:

Quote:
Hi everyone,

We want to let you know that we have increased the frequency with which Monolith's spawn for the Sunday portion of the Event. They now show up every 45 minutes. Hopefully, this will allow for more than one crystal to be in play at a time and for all those who wish to be active participants to do so.

We on the development team have been playing this weekend and most of us had similar experiences to what I'm sure many of you did - waiting in a warpgate for a shot at getting onto a pop locked continent. All issues of circumventing population locks aside (I'll get to that below), that isn't very fun. Part of our aim is to keep PlanetSide as fun as possible (it is a game, afterall ) and hopefully more crystals leading to more fighting in more places will increase the fun factor.

Another aim is to keep things fair. Whether this is coding ways to prevent hacks and exploits or keeping weapons balanced, we strive for as fair of a playing field as we can. Unfortunately, some existing systems were a bit at odds with keeping population numbers even (like module running) for as balanced of fights for this weekend's activities as possible. While some will scream for the heads of the dirty, no good exploitiers, we have a hard time throwing the book at anyone who simply wanted a way to get in on some very intense and fun PlanetSide fighting. If anything, It strengthens our resolve to address the issues for the future. We weren't going to try and ninja in some more code to fix it this weekend, as without a proper development and testing cycle, such an action would likely have broken things more than it would have fixed things. So, hopefully everyone will find some great fighting Sunday with the increased crystals and we will be able to better address how the server handles population for the future.

From the PlanetSide Team to you, our customers, thanks for your understanding, participation and patronage.

Samhayne
PlanetSide Producer
Link: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...348513#M348513

Last edited by TimberWolf; 10-24-2004 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:41 PM   #8
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
So they know about the exploits and not going to fix it to make it fair? How is that fair?

Guess we know who they favor.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:13 PM   #9
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Well, he admits that they could fix it right now but the side effects of the fix would hurt the game far more than the bug as it stands.

They are working on it. This event has also brought other issues to light, such as Sanct pop locks that blocked players that can only respawn there from respawning.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:47 PM   #10
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Found a post from a Raging Primate, forum name Plato56, on the PS forum I thought it did a good job summing up why we play.

Quote:

I can't speek for all of the VS, but I am a member of the Raging Primates outfit and have been there with Osp and the others since the days of the Devine Order in the beta. I rarely if ever post in the forums.

As far as we are concerned, event or no event, Planetside has always been one thing to us. Fun. And thats what we're doing, having fun. So what if we have to cap 10 caves to get our BFRs. So we have our BFRs one day latter than the other empires. We don't realy care. Do we care about our empire... OF COUSE WE DO!! But as someone said earlyer, we don't feal the need to jump thew hoops to get our BFRs. While you guys were killing yourselfs over the monoliths, we were haveing fun in the caves, other continents etc and have had some of the BEST fighting fun we've had in a while over the past few days.

If we lose this event, so what... We've had fun, and will always have fun!!! Thats what were here for. 10 cave caps,,, GREAT!!! Thats more outright killing we get to do... More time in a much underated area of the game,,, more time to have a good time!!! If going for monoliths is fun, great, we'll do that also... You'll never hear a Primate complaining about this stuff here. 10 cave caps wont take very long at all which is almost regetable, but Im shure it will still be fun and instill a true sence of acomplishment after we've done it. And dont you worry guys, we will, and you'll know it when you NC and TR guys are down in the caves trying despritly to get your 4 and 7 caps and wondering why the VS already has so many BFRs.... We know what we're good at, and we know how to utilize our own strenghs just like you other empires. Jumping thew hoops is for dogs and dolphins, not for angry primates.....

Life is good, planetside is a game and games should be fun.... We're still having a TON of fun... Are you?
Link: http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...cending&page=2
Old 10-25-2004, 04:25 PM   #11
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Ya I know they could of fixed it and all that crap that would of happened but I think this "event" could have been planned out better to make it fair.

The pop sanc., NC using the exploit to get more members on the continent, mass globaling by our CR5's (which I can't blame the zerg for complaining about), server crashing (especially when we had a foot hold on a continent, come back on and the NC have it) and the VS that would go and play NC. They should have taken off the option to switch to another empire on the same server for this event.

Im so glad this stupid event is over now we can get back to fighting as we do so well .

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2