Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 01-10-2009, 03:52 PM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Officers' Quarters: Friends in high places

Filed under: (Guild Leadership) Officers' Quarters

Every Monday Scott Andrews contributes Officers' Quarters, a column about the ins and outs of guild leadership.

Here's another /facepalm situation to complement the one I wrote about last week. What's the first thing you would do if you were suddenly appointed the leader of your guild? Would you talk to members about the direction they'd like you to take the guild? Maybe smooth things over with the other officers who might be a little stung that they weren't chosen to take over? This week's e-mail comes from a raid leader in a guild whose new GL took an entirely different path.

Hello there. I wanted to share some issues I'm having with my current guild. You see, I happen to be the paladin Class Master, and one of the raid leaders of an originally casual guild that got some interest into raiding.

However, problems started about 2 weeks ago, when our Guild Leader decided to quit the game, due to RL reasons. Since then, one of the other officers took over, being designated by the old GL before he left. The thing is . . . the recruitment policy changed from, you know, applying, getting our "probation" status for a week or so to see how the initiate liked the guild and vice versa, to "Hey, let´s get some of my friends in! They have already cleared Naxx!" (As if it was something like "WOO they beat Sunwell before 3.0!") And not only did they get invited, but also promoted to raider/officer status right away . . .

That ticked me off . . .

Continue reading Officers' Quarters: Friends in high places

Officers' Quarters: Friends in high places originally appeared on WoW Insider on Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:20:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News