Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News

Notices

Old 02-04-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
TalonBot

TalonBot RSS Feed
Forum post of the day: Friends in low places

Filed under: Guilds, Instances, Raiding, Forums, Forum Post of the Day

How much can you determine about someone from their guild tag? Andrys of Arathor believes that she should be able to rely on someone's performance based on the guild they're in. She's disappointed that she invited a low DPS player because of a guild tag. She then checked the armory profile to see that the player was ranked 8 in the guild, presumably a friends and family rank. The post finished with "Boot your friends."

I've been watching this thread for a couple of days, and am surprised it hasn't gotten more attention. Klepsacovic of Zul'jin pointed out that guild ranks are listed on the armory, and the OP should have checked there. Some people are in the habit of checking the armory for any potential groupmates? I am not, then again, I don't check guild tag either when PUGging. To me bad players can come in many flavors, tanks that don't pay attention to mana, low DPS that are not interested in constructive feedback, loot ninjas, unpleasant people, and anyone who refuses to follow directions or kill order.

Continue reading Forum post of the day: Friends in low places

Forum post of the day: Friends in low places originally appeared on WoW Insider on Wed, 04 Feb 2009 15:00:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Read | Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...
TalonBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Announcements > News