Notices

Old 09-22-2004, 07:15 AM   #1
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
Fall Quarter Begins: First day of class

I know most College students are already back in class, and at my past Colleges I would have been too. But at Ohio State they run on quarters and the Fall Quarter begins today. I only have two classes (English Lit., and Calculas 3) and luckly they are on different days. English is on Monday's and Wensday's for two hours a day while Calculas is on Tuesday's and Thursday's for just over two hours each day. Which means I have three day weekends, which will get filled as soon as I get a job that works with my schedule.

Currently I am attending The Ohio State Lima Branch on the east side of the city of Lima. It is only about a 20 minute drive from my home in Fort Shawnee, south west of Lima. This is the sortest drive I have had to any of my Colleges. My plan is to get my third year done here and then head off to Columbus to complete my BS degree in Engineering (still trying to figure out exactly which Engineering to specilize in). Also once I get to Columbus I will have access to Best Buys, Micro Centers, and other computer stores.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:42 AM   #2
KWood
CO Indy
PlanetSide Characters

KWood RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I'm on the quarter system and we start tomorrow (thurs). Hadn't been to school in a looooooong time.

Don't let your school get in the way of your gaming.
KWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 08:11 AM   #3
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
Wow, you guys have an interesting schedule. But then again Ohio State sux when you compair it to the University of Texas. Also some interesting reading at this website www.1421.tv concerning Columbus.
Old 09-22-2004, 08:47 AM   #4
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Your speeking to the Chior, Ardamir. I started out at the University of Texas at Dallas and had the intent in going back to my birth city of Austin to complete my degree. But my Parents moved to Ohio and my one Grandma just learned she has cancer for the third time (1st was Ovarian, 2nd was Lung, and 3rd is Ovarian again after 6 years since it was last removed but this is growing where her one lung was removed). I decided to move with my parents to be near my relatives who are all around Lima. My Grandma is still enrgetic most of the time but her age is starting to show and the treatments are going to be the hardest, and strongest, she has yet to endure.

I am a born n' bread Texan to the bone. I grew up with the UT Tower in the back ground and visits to the State capital every summer. I plan on one day going back to Texas and if God allows me to ask this one woman for her hand. But right now family comes first.
Old 09-22-2004, 02:57 PM   #5
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
That was a sarcastiv statment concerning football. Sorry to hear about your grandmother..mine just had heart surgery last week so I can almost comprehend the level of anxiety you have :/ Im sure she can go 3-3!!
Ardamir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 04:21 PM   #6
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Still wish I was at UT again, though.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:20 AM   #7
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
Personally I think it is way too crowded. There is a lottery for on campus parking permits that can cost up to $2000 and the 400-600 person class size is a bit daunting. Though living there as just a person rather than student seems that it would be fun..Austin is where my parent met and married
Old 09-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #8
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Hey Ardamir you never told us how you faired out when the last hurricane came thru?
Old 09-23-2004, 05:03 PM   #9
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
We didnt get hit but now Ivan got back in gulf and hit Houston earlier and will die out. Hurricane Jeanne might hit us though..if his plows through Florida as predicted.... Damn the weather channel!!

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > General Forum