Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2

Notices

Old 04-15-2003, 03:32 PM   #31
Spinning Hat
XMEN - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Spinning Hat RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via ICQ to Spinning Hat Send a message via AIM to Spinning Hat Send a message via MSN to Spinning Hat Send a message via Yahoo to Spinning Hat
yeah, it sucks. I used to enjoy the Pulsar, ut I switched to common pool weapons, and I started dying less. Hopefully, with the new patch, The Pulsar will be better.
Spinning Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 04:02 PM   #32
Dionisus

Dionisus RSS Feed
Bleh, maybe I am just blind but i like the Pulsar
Old 04-15-2003, 04:12 PM   #33
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I went into training and set the pulsar to AP and shot a MAX point blank with two clips and nothing happened. I switched to the Punisher with AP and a clip killed him. I may have taken down the armor with the Pulsar, and that helped, I will have to test it more.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2003, 05:11 PM   #34
Ravin

Ravin RSS Feed
I forget exactly how many bullets it takes from a Punisher but its close to 2 AP clips.
Ravin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 04:32 AM   #35
Maz
MazSpam

Maz RSS Feed
the shotgun works really good with MAX, but you have to be up close
Old 04-16-2003, 10:37 AM   #36
Dionisus

Dionisus RSS Feed
I like the shotgun, i normally carry it around with me on my medium assault, it is a good indoor weapon.
Dionisus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 12:12 PM   #37
Maz
MazSpam

Maz RSS Feed
I usually carry 2 frag grenades and a shotgun
Maz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 03:42 PM   #38
tuftedpuffin

tuftedpuffin RSS Feed
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/001247.html

This is a funny commentary on the topic of the weaknesses of Vanu energy weapons and hovercraft.

(BTW, I'm Gambit from the XMEN. I used the new name because "Gambit" was taken already, as were acceptable variants. Should I post in the apps forum to join up?)
tuftedpuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:02 PM   #40
Joe Shmoe

Joe Shmoe RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Joe Shmoe
Could you possibly pick a more gay name Gambit?

Proud member of the <a href='http://www.ryanaaron.com/dtm'>DTM</a>

Last edited by Joe Shmoe; 04-16-2003 at 07:39 PM.
Joe Shmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2003, 07:05 PM   #41
tuftedpuffin

tuftedpuffin RSS Feed
Hey, the Puffin and I have a long and glorious history!

For example, try saying "TuftedPuffin" several times fast when you're, um, less than sober.

=G=
Old 04-16-2003, 07:08 PM   #42
Ashaman
Alliance Member

Ashaman RSS Feed

OMG! I was thinking of posting something like that, Joe, but I couldn't think of anything!

Ashaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:02 AM   #43
Sidewinder
Soup - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Sidewinder RSS Feed
Dionisus you claim that the Vanu weapons don't suck as much as we claim they do. Have you ever tried stealing an enemy Chaingun/Cycler/Gauss Rifle? I'm sure your good at the game but can you back up your opinion? All 3 of them can totally blow BOTH of our rifles (Pulsar and Lasher) right out of the water. When I have a lasher I can usually take out a chaingunner indoors simply because I consider myself to be extremely good with the weapon and I usually have way more skill/experience then that enemy. When I steal either of those 3 mentioned weapons I become unstoppable 1 on 1 full health vs full health infantry, my kills easily triple. Our weapons are nowhere near the power of those weapons and thats what we are trying to get at.

I forgot to mention MAX's. Ravin hit it right on the nose. Our maxs have the best special ability but they are merely a convenience and only good at getting to where you want to go faster. The jumpjets are also good for running away so you don't get your ass kicked by superior weapons. Hmmmm, suddenly our jump jets don't mean much do they? Their MAX's can go everywhere ours can almost just as fast and they usually deal about 2x the damage that ours can deal out, especially the TR MAX's. Lets talk about TR's AI MAX. It has a 100 round clip and can go into a room and take out a reinforced Exo suit armor in about 2 seconds, then it goes to the next one. Finally it clears the whole room and kills about 5 infantry with 1 clip. Now lets look at our MAX, ours has a clip of 40 rounds and can take out about 2 infantry IF every single shot hits. Usually you always have to reload after every kill since hitting them with all your shots is pretty hard. Basically our AI max doesn't even compare to the TR's.

Now lets talk about the other 2 MAX's. Vanu has the Anti-armor MAX with a clip of 10 rounds which are slow moving energy balls. The TR MAX has at least double the clip size and fires very very powerful grenades at a rate faster than ours can. don't get me wrong, both MAX's are pretty much balanced when it comes to killing vehicles/other MAX's. What ISN'T fair is that theirs are about 5 times more effective vs infantry then ours is which makes them way more effective. They can mow down infantry with them grenades faster then our AI max can and the grenades have a HUGE blast radius.

The only MAX that we have thats more effective vs its intended target is our AA max. Our AA max can tear apart a reaver in seconds if you "time" yours shots. You have a clip of 4 rounds and it takes exactly 8 to take our a reaver. You simply fire 4 rounds into the air, hell, you don't even have to fire them in the general direction of the plane. Then you reload and fire 4 more then you move your reticule on the plane and get an instant lock and all 8 plasma balls zoom to the plane at incredible speed and the reaver goes up in an instant mushroom cloud without it even having a chance to know whats going on > : ). BUT our AA max totally SUCKS against infantry. 1 infantry with AP bullets can take out one of our AA maxs. The other 2 AA maxs can easily down infantry and have much much larger ammo clips, way more then 4 shots.

My solutions:

-Double the speed of the lasher projectiles

-Fix the pulsar (NEXT PATCH ITS GETTING FIXED YAY, it might even be as powerful as the other empires)

-Nerf the other empires MAX's so that the non AI max's are not so DAMN powerful against infantry. Lower their damage vs flesh but keep it the same vs its intended type. EXAMPLE: keep the TR AA max's damage vs aircraft the same but slash the damage vs infantry by more then half. That way infantry with anti armor weapons can actually take them out 1 on 1 like they should. The other 2 empires infantry can take our our AA max EASILY if they have any sort of anti armor weapon.

-Give our AI max a slightly larger clip or make it more effective vs infantry.

Last edited by Sidewinder; 04-17-2003 at 12:07 AM.
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 12:13 AM   #44
Sidewinder
Soup - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Sidewinder RSS Feed
I have played all 3 empires and have tested every weapon in the game and can back up ALL of my claims, just so it doesn't sound like I'm talking out my ass . I am kinda wrong about 1 thing though, our jumpjets are very very nice but the other empires MAX's are still overall way more powerful. That still doesn't change the FACT that our side needs improvement and the others need some slight nerfing.
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2003, 05:37 AM   #45
tuftedpuffin

tuftedpuffin RSS Feed
Well, here's how the different empires' wepons philosophy is SUPPOSED to work, according to the manual:
--------------
Terran Republic -
Though usually not as powerful as NC equipment in a shot-for-shot basis, the Terran Republic's equipment exemplifies the "more is better" attitude especially when the - more' is lead. Therefore their weapons generally fire faster which is exemplified in both their Medium Assault weapon, the Cycler, and their Heavy Assault Weapon, the Chaingun. Furthermore their vehicles such as the Marauder (Heavy Assault Buggy) and the Prowler (Heavy Assault Tank) can carry two independent gunners vs. the equivalent Vanu Sovereignty or New Conglomerate vehicles that only have one gunner.

New Conglomerate -
The New Conglomerate's equipment generally can deliver the most punch up in a single but slower firing shot. This is typified by the NC's Assault Tank, the Vanguard that packs the largest cannon available but with the slowest rate of fire. Further illustrating the NC's love for pure punch is their Jackhammer, a Tri-Barreled Auto shotgun that can tear up enemy soldiers and vehicles at short range but quickly loses effectiveness as distance to the target increases.

Vanu Sovereignty -
Flexibility and mobility are what the Vanu Sovereignty are about. Their equipment may lack the sheer power or rate of fire that their enemies enjoy but their built-in Armor Piercing mode for their weapons gives them the flexibility in combat that can't be matched. Likewise, though their vehicles may not have quite the top speed of other vehicles, the ability to move across water allows them to strike from unexpected angles and thus shift the tide of battle easier than a conventional attack upon an entrenched opponent.

(and then this answers another question that was brought up earlier...)
Empire Incentives or Disincentives
These bonuses/penalties are constantly in flux in relation to the number of hours played by each Empire in the last 24 hours. As more players from an Empire log on and play over time, their incentives/disincentives will be altered accordingly.
----------------

So, it looks as though the VS is supposed to have weaker, slower weapons, but has ability to deliver them better. Obviously, how MUCH weaker is still being tweaked.

Gambit wuz here.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2