Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 07:48 PM   #32
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yes we do

Everyone is accepted Ardamir so your not special .
Old 09-04-2004, 08:24 PM   #33
Ardamir

Ardamir RSS Feed
Well if i thought I was special and I wasnt I would still be "special" to a certain degree?
Old 09-04-2004, 08:25 PM   #34
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
I would like to duel someone with the buckler, grappler, and enegy blade.

Also is it possible to have people to hook onto each other in a line that is connected to a flyer? And how many can we get hooked onto a flyer? How fast can you get yourself going before letting go off the grappler?

What servers do you all play on?

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 05:40 PM   #35
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
We play on any server none in particular yet.

I think there is a video of a guy grappled to a pod and he hangs on and they transport him to the enemy flag and he swoops down and gets it. But nothing like what your talking about as far as that many.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 09:19 PM   #36
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
the grappler is a lot of fun to play with. Today i was skiing around and accidently fired the grappler into the side of a cliff below and slammed into its face. This thing is real evil if you know how to use it right. You can swing like tarzan or increase your speed with it threw a turn or a loop. if enough people tried you can pull a gunboat off the pad and into the water. I was pulling a pod around with it by myself for a little bit seeing if it would be possible to stow away the enemy vehicles so they could not get to use them, no luck. Found out that they automaticly deconstruct after a little while and appear on the pad again.

Been finding myself playing heavy alot. Been doind suicide runs into the enemy base. Infact on the Isle map (I think thats what it's called) I destroyed the enemy base, killing about 3 guys with it, grabbed the flag and skied under fire to my base to cap in a heavy. Then I went back to support the others as the team started to own the enemy. That energy pack is what making being a heavy so easy. I love the extra energy it gives you when you activate it. Granted it takes a good while to recharge but some times you just need that extra boost right then and there.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:37 PM   #37
Cass
PlanetSide Characters

Cass RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via MSN to Cass
sweet i havent even tryed it yet.
Cass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #38
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
I just ticked off about 7 guys with the grappler. They had a awsome defense setup in Cavern. My team was getting owned and people started to drop out. I came flying in just after another member of my team who got shot down before he made it but due to one person manning the burner turret there was plenty of distractions while I come swinging in like Spiderman. I grab the flag, swing around the stone pillar just behind it and then swing/jet back to my flag for one sweet cap. Guys who where midairing people like crazy where having a tuff time trying to figure out where I was going. And even when I ran out of energy I was still able to swing as if I had because of where I grappled to.

I did similar caps afterwards until they started to drop everything to blast me before I crossed the center line. I wish I could have seen the frustration on their faces as they fired where they thought I would land but never seeing me touch the ground or use my jet's to change direction. Its even fun to hang around shooting with a good swing going on. You never have to worry about moving out of the area and you can instantly change directions any time you want.

I am loving the grappler. I am hatting the movement bug where you can no longer move or you come to a complete stop. That has cost me many caps, kills, and lives.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:34 AM   #39
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yeah, the game is a lot of fun. I haven't mastered the grappler yet by any means, but I'm working on it. Hey, who has a good technique for taking down aircraft? I find that the hardest thing right now. I've been chaining them pretty good and often taking them down, but the pilot usually survives and disks me afterwards, when I have no health left.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:55 AM   #40
TimberWolf
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
You can hit the pilot and kill him without killing the Fighter. So if you can snipe or couse some blast damage to it then you can get the kill. The gunboat has to be gunned down and if you can get a burner to hit it then that would help destroy it faster. Also it prevents them from going threw the same spot for a while do to the flames. Over all the Disk launcher, if you can MA, and the chain gun are the best in taking them down.
Old 09-14-2004, 07:05 PM   #42
Splidz
PlanetSide Characters

Splidz RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Well I keep getting on TS but I hardly ever see ppl playing Tribes (never in fact) except for TalonBot (who I don't really know). Torque, you playin dude? When are you on? I've been looking for ya all the time. I want to own some pubs with ya bro. And anyone else in ATF for that matter.
Splidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:08 PM   #43
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Well, if you actually stayed on while playing, maybe others would join you. People are in there often. If you hop on for 2 minutes then log off, someone else will hop on for 2 minutes and log off 10 minutes later.

I hate it when people say they never see anyone on, yet they were only on for 10 minutes themselves.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 07:33 PM   #44
Torque
PlanetSide Characters

Torque RSS Feed
I'm playing. It just that I've been on a fishing trip, just got back. Then baseball, etc.... Just waiting for things to get back to norm.
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Tribes