Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
Beta coming Dec 20th

I see that the current Alpha build is going to end soon and be replaced with the first Beta build. With the change, their also going to be upping the price by 5 euros as well as ending the promise of free upgrades to the next version.

My question is based off the fact that all I have played was the free version that is nothing more than a sand box without the tools and such. What makes the game worth paying to play? I've read various things and seen videos but they fail to really give me a feel of how the real game plays. Such as collecting mineral and building tools, to enemy's spawning in the dark, to building infrastructure to do large scale mining.

I've noticed looking at the google map of the server that there isn't that much built on the surface but there appears to be something, a tunnel, shooting off in one direction. How big of a mine is needed to sustain the construction projects you are conducting?

I've read of a second world being assessable via a gate constructed and that for every block moved in that world translates into 8 blocks moved in the regular world. Also that there is a mineral in the other world that will never burn out. Have any of you started exploring this other world? What new things does it add to the game?

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Re: Beta coming Dec 20th

The Nether doesn't work on multiplayer servers yet which is where I play mainly so I haven't been able to use it yet. The server still has admin commands currently, so some of the supplies are just conjured with admin commands. I will start a fresh ATF server once it stabilizes a little more and disable admin commands so the world can develop more naturally as well as have the world biomes working from the start.

Fenwood, Chrisjams and Swad have dug some tremendous mines and tunnels and structures.

I like it, I think it is worth it to get the game now and get all future updates for free even just tinker with.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:55 AM   #3
Swad

Swad RSS Feed
Re: Beta coming Dec 20th

Did you discover my huge excavation project going from the starting area way off to my deal in the water? There was a much much larger deal within that before a rollback lost it, sadly.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > Minecraft