Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Old 10-11-2005, 12:02 PM   #1
Aluscia

Aluscia RSS Feed
Send a message via ICQ to Aluscia
WTF is wrong with Blizzard

Now, I'm sure Druids ore overjoyed at the release of 1.8 today... however, wtf is Blizzard thinking releasing a patch without testing it? We know how badly these patches have gone *with* testing... I have a really bad feeling about this.

Favourite Song of the moment - 鼓動-kodou- Dir en Grey
Aluscia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
DarkFact
PlanetSide Characters

DarkFact RSS Feed
WoW Characters
But 1.8 has been on the test server for a couple weeks?
Old 10-11-2005, 12:16 PM   #3
Aluscia

Aluscia RSS Feed
Has it? I didn't read that in the daily news... it just seems so quick after 1.7
Old 10-11-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
I do believe it's been on the Test server...they've just done a really crappy job of announcing these things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Public Test Realms Now Available! - Tyren on 9/29/05
The Public Test Realms are live! Players can now experience, and help us test, all the changes and additions coming in patch 1.8, including four outdoor raid dragons, completely revamped Silithus, Druid talent improvements, and many other exciting features. Click here to view the patch 1.8 test-realm patch notes to learn more!

Players can participate in the test realms by creating a character or by copying their characters from existing realms to the test realms. Those who have previously copied their characters to the test realms will need to do so again, as all previous characters have been removed from the previous test realms. To copy your character, visit our Test Realm Character Copy page. The test build is available to download for the PC and Mac. During the first week of testing, only players who created their accounts before August 2 will be able to login to the public test realms. Also, players will not be able to log in to the public test realms if they have changed their password since August 16. All players will be able to access the test realms after next week's maintenance.

Please be aware that the test realms are there to allow us to test major content patches before the patch goes public. Therefore, some changes may be introduced to the public test realms before a patch goes live, and some changes may be introduced to the patch after the test realms have closed. To read more about the test realms, please review the Test Realm FAQ. We truly appreciate our players taking the time to help us test the latest changes to the game; thank you all!
Now...to keep in spirit with the topic...WTF is wrong with Blizzard that they put an outdoor raid boss in quest zones for 20s-30s...ESPECIALLY in a place like Duskwood which has historically been Alliance-only. It's like Blizzard is going out of their way to take away any area that Alliance might be peaceful while trying to level up characters. Sure, Duskwood has it's moments now that it's pretty rough, but can you imagine what it'll be like when Goon Squad or Elitist Jerks rolls through with a full raid? Or after they get their fancy epics off the dragons and are looking for a place to use them?

Feralas and the Hinterlands are fine because they're kind of out of the way...Splintertree can be easily defended on any server since Orgrimmar (read: AH) is linked to it directly. Duskwood is going to be a nightmare any night that dragon is up most likely.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:23 PM   #5
DarkFact
PlanetSide Characters

DarkFact RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Yeah was up 1 week after 1.7 come out till today.

Suposedly 1.9 will be on the test next week.
DarkFact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 12:24 PM   #6
Aluscia

Aluscia RSS Feed
Why I now play horde....
Old 10-11-2005, 12:25 PM   #7
iggdawg

iggdawg RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to iggdawg
I would tend to agree on the duskwood things. Even since they banned rooftop camping, it still has had its issues with horde coming up and messing with lowbies for fun. last thing it needs is a raid boss. I realize it's in a secluded area and there's a direct path from STV, but still.. it will be trouble
Old 10-11-2005, 12:38 PM   #8
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Especially since 80% of Duskwood quests require you to go from one side of the zone to the other. I understand that portal has been there forever, but it's still poorly thought out...almost as poorly thought out as the whole "Night Elves must cross contested territory to get to the AH for the first time while just about any Horde can get to theirs completely protected" situation.

I really wish they'd develop linked Auction Houses so that places like IF and Orgrimmar aren't the sole hub of activity.

Small wonder that all the preview screenshots they show of instances are crammed full of Horde characters tho, eh?
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft