Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > Star Wars: The Old Republic

Notices

Old 11-28-2011, 03:38 PM   #16
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Re: SW:TOR Pre-order

Hamma is largely correct. And with confirmation that THE Hamma will likely be playing I've gone ahead and thrown my hat in the ring. Also, if WoW is any indication, the servers break down like so:

PvE - idiots (see also: Barrens Chat worldwide)
PvP - Assholes
RP - idiots with funny accents, also weak assholes with too little time who like harassing said idiots
RP-PvP - Assholes scared away by the "RP" and the fact that they can only be dumbasses in the cities, idiots scared off by the "PvP"

Also, damn you Skillet...damn you.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #17
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

It's sad what I'm about to say but if Silver is in I just might have to follow as I haven't had any Silver interaction in quite a while. Geez I can't believe I just said that. "Your going to regret it after 1 day girl!"
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:28 PM   #18
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Yeah, but you got the same advice on your wedding day and that seems to have turned out......well, exactly like they said it would. Thank goodness for Stockholm Syndrome though, amirite?

I'm not sold on the idea of the game being able to last as long as WoW did around here, but it was nice to look at a new Star Wars thing and not cringe or feel like Lucas was once again attempting to say he was awesome by destroying something good. Figured stabbing people in the face with a lightsaber was worth it for a little bit at any rate.

Also, I blame Skillet.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #21
Swad

Swad RSS Feed

I wasn't really planning to consider buying until after Jan 1st due to being on vacation Dec 22nd - Jan 1st (lot of wasted game time for first free month). However, I'll bite the bullet and pre-order if it will make the ATF deal happen. I'll do it after there are 3 more who will commit to make it a done deal. Dane was saying last night that he will probably go ahead and get it, so that's probably 1. Find 2 more and I'll see about making that 4th happen.

Besides, appears pre-orders get a 5-day head start before 20th launch, so I could have almost a week to play before vacation.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm just confused what this is for, Gryph. Can people who already pre-ordered take care of those spots? Some have already pre-ordered, like Skillet. I'm so confused. -.-

EDIT2: Nevermind, I see it's just to get the guild going ahead of time, more or less. I assume the other people who have already pre-ordered can take care of this. I'm still probably waiting. Being such a late pre-order if I was to do it now, I probably would only get like a 1 day head start as they're spacing out how early people start based on when they pre-ordered. I'm sure people who did way back will get the 5 days. People now... not so much.

Last edited by Swad; 11-30-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Swad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:10 PM   #22
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Same, not going to grab it til after the new year and if we have a good group of people playing it. But if we do play with CDL probably have a good size group. We shall see.
Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
Shadowspirit

Shadowspirit RSS Feed

Same for me now. Finals get over and then short vacation and then Christmas. Ill be playing sometime after the new year. Still have to figure out when to put skyrim in the mix too.

Last edited by Shadowspirit; 12-01-2011 at 02:09 PM.
Shadowspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:55 PM   #26
RagingSamster

RagingSamster RSS Feed

Hi guys, Long time, got the email and was glad to see you're still around.
I've preordered, been beta testing on the two weekends they had available - Sith Inquisitor is hard, Trooper is easy.
RagingSamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #28
Asp

Asp RSS Feed

Hey Guys,

Yes, we've (CDL) chosen Jung Ma as our primary RP-PVP server, with the backup being the non-RP Shein server. RP tends to keep the asshat population lower, which is why it was preferred by the majority of people in the guild alliance.

The big concern is server population at the moment, so if anything changes, I will let you guys know what our plans are..

See you all soon!

edit: Didn't realize the backup server Shein was non-PVP, which means we may have to have an alternate backup server if Jung Ma doesn't work out in the end. We'll have a better idea in a few days I think

Last edited by Asp; 12-14-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Asp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #29
Talatha

Talatha RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to Talatha

Hey folks, looking to play with you all again in SW ToR. I played WoW years back and got away from MMOs, but I want to get into SW for sure! Any info/ servers that we are sticking to? I love the decision to go Sith, by the way
Talatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:12 PM   #30
Ghryphen
Officer
PlanetSide Characters

Ghryphen RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Hey Talatha, looking to follow CDL to whatever server they choose. ATF probably won't have a huge player base so being able to have some CDL friends on the same server will help out.

Right now looking like Jung Ma. But as more CDL and ATF get in later, it may become pop locked which will cause some challenges.

Stay tuned to this thread, everyone try and stick together, we won't have the numbers we had in WoW.
Ghryphen is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > Star Wars: The Old Republic