Notices

Old 10-19-2004, 07:20 PM   #1
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
My idea for Vanu (the race) buildings

There were pictures of Vanu bases back way before the game came out and I thought it would be good to figure out an idea that would allow them to be introduced into the game that could be easily explained by a story, which I leave others to develop.

My idea:

It would be great if they expanded on the story by bringing out Vanu outposts first, kind of like how the geowarps came about, with some kind of power over that continent or island they are found on. Then later on they can create a Vanu capital building that has influence over the entire game world, either threw the outposts or by it self. No end game kind of setup but rather something that would tilt the balance of the battle in favor of the Empire that uses them a degree or two.

They can't be hacked, like the current bases and towers, but certain systems with in them can, such as the main control console to begin with and more can be added later. The only people that can hack them will be CR5's with advanced Hacking, which prevents them from being abused by just anyone. But they require power, NTU's, to be delivered to replenish the systems, some where between 5 and 10 ANT's to fully power the base and one ANT to power the outpost. No control of the automated defense, which become active slowly over the course of 15 minutes once NTU's are supplied, and will generate a warning to all Empires about an abnormal power reading.

So in a sense they are buildings that can't be claimed, can't defend you from your enemie's, try to kill you while your operating in it (only the perimiter and sensitive areas will have autodefenses), and must be manually protected to prevent the other Empires from taking it and using it them themselves. It requires teamwork to get inside, operational, protect while the building powers up, and to keep it out of enemy hands while it’s in use.

So what do you think? If the Devs ever get a chance to read this, that would be great. But such changes, if thought threw and accepted, would happen at the earliest a year from now. Too bad I don't know how to contact them.

"Republican Ideology advanced the concept of 'civic virtue' - the idea that democracy depended on the unselfish commitment of each citizen to the public good." from The Brief American Pageant 6st edition
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 12:31 AM   #2
RocketMad

RocketMad RSS Feed
I saw those weird purple tree things, i wonder why they canceld that design of a tower. But eh, they are working on new base designs ( I guess they are alot bigger 2, so that it has enough room for 2 gals next to eachother) So eh.. maybe new towers also? Maybe they are already working on something like that.
RocketMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 09:42 AM   #3
TimberWolf
LoS-XO, ATF Resident Goober
PlanetSide Characters

TimberWolf RSS Feed
Send a message via AIM to TimberWolf Send a message via MSN to TimberWolf
It would be interesting to be in a middle of a fight in the middle of nowhere and stumble over a semi-cover entrence to a deactivated Vanu building, finding their version of beds, entertainment rooms, and inactive spawn tubes. Then other buildings that could be placed in other hiding spots could be their vehicle bases with spare parts laying around, garages, repair bays, tool rooms, and a destroyed NTU tower (which is why the base is not operational or the Vanu buildings).

Then maybe they could, later on, add a new feature to the ANT to act as a temporary NTU tower to power the Vanu bases (once the technology has been developed by the Empires) and gain access to even more Vanu technology. This could also be the way the Phantom gets a cloak that works while moving, unlike the AMS which has to be deployed to work.
TimberWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > PlanetSide 2