Allied Tribal Forces

Go Back   Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft

Notices

Old 06-21-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
Balleraphon

Balleraphon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Thanks for all of the help!

Hey guys! Long time no see! I wanted to drop by to thank you for the help with the salt from Belenos.

On another note, I was talking to Dane the other night about some help Ex Umbra needed for Naxx. We're currently in the process of gathering mats for our tier 3 armor set and it requires a lot of arcanite bars, mooncloth, and cured rugged hides. I've talked it over with the other officers and we'd like to extend you guys an offer. In exchange for help with the farming of these mats we'd like to take atleast 5 of you per run through MC to get some epic gear. Let me know what you guys think.
Balleraphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:48 AM   #2
CannonBall
Celebrated Pooper
PlanetSide Characters

CannonBall RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to CannonBall
Re: Thanks for all of the help!

I would apprieciate some help in MC. I'm still after my EYE from Major Domo.

CannonBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Sure, I think that sounds good. Do you guys run MC much anymore?
Old 06-21-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Getting in on the ground floor here.

I don't mind helping out friends like our dear Baller, but I do like that Ex Umbra is willing to "trade" for these things since we don't know most of them as well. I just wanted to ask a couple questions kicking about before I start forking over my cooldown items wholesale.

I assume that Ex Umbra is mainly farming MC for Nexus Crystals and such at this stage? Is there a lot of demand inside of Ex Umbra for various class pieces out of MC still, or is it pretty much like ATF runs Scholo and Strat where there's one or two things someone might need, but other than that it's a shard/crystal-fest. I'm asking since I doubt ATF folks would get things over Ex Umbra folks (which is fine, it is still your show after all), but I'm trying to gauge how likely that would be...if at all.

If there is a chunk of EU that needs things still, are there classes that are less populated than others? For example, we run quite light on warlocks for most of our runs, even though we don't have trouble per se. Are there classes that might alleviate such things or should we "come as we are"?

When do you guys normally run MC? I know that's a question quite a few people will have in regards to that offer. How long does EU expect to be running MC where we can tag along for it? I know you guys are getting ready to dive feet-first into Naxx and do every other instance...just wanted to sure that it wasn't a three week thing and done. That and how far in advance we can plan on such runs happening.

At least 5 means "maybe more"? I guess the question there is what would the cut-off be?

Are there items in there that would be "off-limits" to ATF (such as Cores, Dark Iron, etc.)? Again, that's fine if that's the way things will work...I'm just trying to establish this up-front so that someone doesn't go in hoping to craft something and then not being able to.

Is there going to be a "quota" that we have to meet to go? I mean it'd make sense if people who are cramming the stuff down your throats get to go more often, but is there a "minimum donation"?

Those are my questions. I'm intrigued by the idea, but I would like to take steps to avoid the inevitable "purple drama" that seems to follow these sorts of things around.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 12:14 PM   #5
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke

The Warlock is in!

Let the farming begin.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:37 PM   #6
Nizuttz
t3h suck

Nizuttz RSS Feed
WoW Characters

I would want to take the rogue and the warrior.. but the warrior needs to get attuned before he can go.
Nizuttz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:42 PM   #8
Belenos
King of the Horny Ferrets

Belenos RSS Feed
WoW Characters

The EU I know are a bunch of great guys. Just stay away from that Angerz guy... he's a fuck... lol. (PS I heart Rob) Anyways, this sounds wonderful to me. Im in!
Belenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #9
Skillet
PlanetSide Characters

Skillet RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Sounds good!
Old 06-21-2006, 04:21 PM   #10
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters

What about us that don't have those professions that aren't able to donate?

I know Im a shoe in anyways cuz well I have bewbs and I love Baller . But you know for the others that don't have the professions to donate do we get screwed out of the deal?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:04 AM   #11
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke

Well, I have the first piece of mooncloth and the first cured rugged hide all ready to go.

I havent seen Baller in IF lately in order to /slap him. I know he misses that. I better keep my eyes open when I'm in there......
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:16 AM   #12
Balleraphon

Balleraphon RSS Feed
WoW Characters

Hey guys. Yes Stoke, I do miss the daily slaps in the face. You not slapping me in the face has made me a soft healadin as opposed to the stone cold dpsadin you guys remember. Anyways, here's the breakdown on Linny's Q&A.

1. As far as MC and Ex Umbra, we're still doing it but we're currently doing it on one of our off raid nights. We still will get a good number of people that will still be going seeing as a lot of our guys are dkp point whores. Right now as far as loot we are primarily gearing peoples alts in MC. Personally, I have no problem with you guys taking loot over peoples alts, especially since your help with be so much more beneficial.

2. What we have planned right now will be to run MC on Friday nights starting at 7pm each night. We really haven't decided if we're going to do it on a weekly basis or every other week seeing as some of the stuff we need requires transmute time and everything. Right now I'm planning on making the first MC run next Friday, June 30.

3. As far as cores and dark iron we'd be hanging on to those in the guild. We still use a lot of it for crafting and other things. From talking to the other officers the only loot we would like to place a restriction on is Rag loot, seeing as a lot of people are still looking for their tier 2 pants, some pieces our altraiders need, and any set pieces that will be someone's 8/8. Other than that, we'd open up the rest of MC to the you guys.

4. As far as classes we're really willing to take any that you guys want to bring. Obviously that will mean that there will be a little more competition for loot but that's up to you guys. Right now though we do disenchant a ton of loot for all classes so no worries there.

5. Right now we would like to bring 5 but we will most likely end up bringing more or as many people that decide to help out. We just put 5 out there as an abritrary number. Ex Umbra can usually clear MC with 25 of our most geared people but we like to leave a little room for altraiders or anyone new to our guild that still needs some loot out of there. But even the loot they need is not of a big consequence. Usually a ring or cape or something here and there. They get geared quickly in BWL gear anyways so it's no biggie.

ummm... Outside of that there really isn't anything else to discuss other than the "pricing" per say.

As far as what we initially came up with was based on transmute time and current prices on the AH. If you guys feel any differently please let me know and we can talk about it. Everything listed below will be considered a donation and an epic item for yourself.

3 Arcanite Bars (less due to transmute time)
5 Arcane Crystals
8 Refined Deep Rock Salt
6 Cured Rugged Hides (less due to hides needed)
8 Mooncloth
12 Essence of Water
10 Living Essences

There's some other stuff in there so this list and the numbers aren't final yet. Anyways, for any donations just mail them to my paladin and I'll keep track each week. That's it for now and I really have to get back to work seeing as I am at work so I"ll check back and catch you guys later.

Last edited by Balleraphon; 06-22-2006 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:34 AM   #13
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon

Are those materials per-person? I'm also assuming it's "pick one of the following"...so please correct me if I'm wrong. Might be a little hard for some folks to come up with those (as Stang said).

Of the top of my head, the mooncloth seems a bit stiff. It's got a longer cooldown than the salt and the arcanite transmutes after all (4 days).

As an alternative to expensive transmute items, I don't know if the AD reward items are of any interest to EU people, but would say 2 turn-ins worth of items for Argent Dawn/Scarlet Crusade insignias be worthwhile?

I'm also assuming that the "epic item" means "You can get 2 or 3 on a run if you get lucky and yay for you...but if you come out with bumpkiss your next run is free"?

I like this idea, save for the possible exclusion of those not psychotic enough to have every profession represented in their characters....

Last edited by SilverTalon; 06-22-2006 at 08:38 AM.
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 08:41 AM   #14
MagnoliaFly
PlanetSide Characters

MagnoliaFly RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to MagnoliaFly Send a message via MSN to MagnoliaFly Send a message via Yahoo to MagnoliaFly

Cat will want to do this. She's only a tailor however, but Syni can transmute arcanite so hopefully it'll call count towards Catarina's donations.

She will need to be attuned when she reaches 60 (which will hopefully be soon).

I also think 8 mooncloth/epic is a bit stiff.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:48 AM   #15
Balleraphon

Balleraphon RSS Feed
WoW Characters

like i said, still working on everything with numbers and what not. we're def taking that into consideration but i just wanted to throw some numbers out there. nothing final yet.

and yea, if you do end up coming out of an mc run with nothing it still counts for the next run. i'll be keeping track of everything.

and seeing as i'm updating this now i may lower that mooncloth to 6.

oh yea, and the essences are included in there for people that don't have one of those professions. wanted to include everyone and essences are something that can just be farmed by killing stuff. so yea. anyways, i need to stop trolling and get back to work.

Last edited by Balleraphon; 06-22-2006 at 08:54 AM.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft