Old 06-08-2005, 06:32 AM   #1
CannonBall
Celebrated Pooper
PlanetSide Characters

CannonBall RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to CannonBall
BG Reviews and Opinions?

I was wondering what everyone thought about BG?

I really liked it so far. Warsong was fun. AV was also a good time.

CannonBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:46 AM   #2
poonster

poonster RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Warsong needs to be balanced. Why on earth would a paladin play Warsong? we're the only class that cant use our powers to capture.

AV, sucked my first run w/ igg and desti, due to a bug. Now the second run w/ Cannon Chesty, estara and Dul...that was a fucking blast. even though that chesty person couldnt keep the heals up

Shamburgler - 80 Orc Shaman - Borean Tundra
poonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
RagingSamster

RagingSamster RSS Feed
I think it was AWESOME! I didn't go anywhere near the battlegrounds, didn't get ganked at Menethil, or Gadget either w00t!

go-go gadget grindage!
RagingSamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:56 AM   #4
DoomsDay

DoomsDay RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Buli, I thought it was due to all the spam in group chat about everyone I was killing =P
DoomsDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #5
poonster

poonster RSS Feed
WoW Characters
haha what eva Est, i was living up to the blizzard discription of the paladin...finally...

"Wielding their mighty hammers and the strength of the Light, these holy warriors command forces in battle, continuously throwing themselves into the fray wherever the fighting is the thickest. "

substitute Hammer w/ My Sammy Stick, even though i want a hammer

I had a blast, just tried it again w/o a grp, not bad, but kinda lacking. Cant wait till you fools log in....i need my peeps. I propose raid night take place in AV tonight, w/ 2 (or 3) single grps
poonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 10:16 AM   #6
CannonBall
Celebrated Pooper
PlanetSide Characters

CannonBall RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to CannonBall
Yep I'm looking forward to it as well. Not sure if I'll be on tonight... it's Mrs. Cannonball's B-day and I'm not sure what the plans are.
CannonBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #7
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to SilverTalon
Warsong - would be really cool for the people from 20-50 (since they apparently segment you by levels...which is nice). I didn't like it very much because 1) Bugs kept me from being with ATF and 2) the 50+ really brought out the problem with PvP in WoW. Basically, the Alliance side lost because not enough people had run MC to have the uber equipment. Of course, maybe I'm just noticing that more since I'm about the most gear-dependent class in the game...for a class that's production isn't determined necessarily by what they're holding, might be different. Earthbind totem spam is also a bunch of crap...3 shamans just throwing them down as they ran back to the base with a druid or shaman carrying the flag in their "travel" form...completely lame since you couldn't even catch them on a mount.

Sub-50 though when there's not that gigantic disparity between equipment, probably a blast. I just think that if I wanted to play CTF, there's a hell of a lot of games out there that do it much better. Seems stupid to include a game type designed around balanced play when you run an RPG that by it's nature will be unbalanced. *shrug*

Alterac was very cool from what I saw of it. THAT is a Battleground. While I was not in the mood between various bugs and annoyances to stay in it for very long, the little bit that I was in there for was quite entertaining. I just didn't want the venom I was still feeling over all the other stuff to spoil the long-term fun. I'm usually in a bad mood when I'm doing PvP on unfair terms, and Warsong typified that for me. When I'm in a bad mood, I don't enjoy things, simple enough.

Went over to PlanetSide, was reminded what real PvP was like, and everything was all better. Nothing beats wiping out 5 TR at the back door in one fell swoop (2 Rexos, 2 MAXes and an infiltrator in the span of a minute ah, the joy of player ability making a major difference).

Kinda wish Blizzard on Warsong would do something to make the sides a bit more even at the 50+ level. I mean, yeah, you can spout "oh it's about the teams" all you want, but if one team has MC/BWL gear and the other team doesn't...well, assuming even remotely even levels of teamwork that first team is going to win quite easily.

I'm happy with Alterac tho.

"But there's no sense crying over every mistake,
You just keep on trying till you run out of cake"
SilverTalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:22 AM   #8
Stoke
PlanetSide Characters

Stoke RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via Yahoo to Stoke
Let's just not forget about scheduled Raid nights.....
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 11:28 AM   #9
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Well, a once-in-a-while "raid" into a BG would be a nice altenative for those times when we're missing some key classes or don't have enough people. However, I agree that once the "newness" has worn off of BGs that they should not be superceding the instance raids.

Arguably, since every lamer horde in the known world is practicing being lame elsewhere, this might be the opportune time to do places like BRS which are normally infested with Horde...
Old 06-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #10
Stang
THZ* - CO
PlanetSide Characters

Stang RSS Feed
WoW Characters
I to liked the BG's and also feel that Warsong is fun but could use some tweaks to make it a little more even. Alterac was a blast with the group. Well don't run away from me and I would keep ya alive Buli and there was nothing I could do when they were at the graveyard.

We won't forget about Raid Nights just got to understand new content has come out also so if we miss it once its ok. We have been doing great with the raid nights. It would be fun to get a group if we don't have enough to do a raid to get as much together and hit Alterac.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:44 PM   #11
destinysend
PlanetSide Characters

destinysend RSS Feed
WoW Characters
1) BGs are really fun.
2) I think warsong is melee class dependant.btw shamman ghost wolf is dispellable
3) Alterac is bugged as hell, though we managed to kill the horde's damned ice elemental
4) Would rather farm Diremaul for my gear, though alterac has a really nice neck piece for honored rewards.

so, ill be spamming to see if ne1 wants to go to diremaul alot more often now, until i get my gear that is. otherwise u'll prob find me in alterac.

des~

XD I'm still alive.. I think..
One day, I will rule the world.. and then MMORPG's wouldn't be p2p.
destinysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:52 PM   #12
SilverTalon
Magniloquent
PlanetSide Characters

SilverTalon RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by destinysend
btw shamman ghost wolf is dispellable
Ghost wolf isn't nearly as much of a problem as the earthbind totems that can be spammed when there's multiple shamans...especially if warsong is melee dependent that's a real killer.

Horde tactic that I'm still coming up with viable answer for...Tauren druid in travel form being guarded by 3 shamans spamming earthbind.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:44 PM   #13
DoomsDay

DoomsDay RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Actually not even counting the new content, we have not had a raid on the last 4 raid times due to not enough logging on. Now with the new content we have the peeps there, they are just in the BG. Don't get me wrong, the BG is ok but it is not the end all be all of the game. As a matter of fact it can get boring rather quickly. After about an hour of it and having to spend several gold in repairs/food/drink/bandages etc... it can get old even quicker. Not to mention the bugs with our pets not rezzing or they do rez but they keep losing happyness. For me it can get very expensive.
DoomsDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #14
destinysend
PlanetSide Characters

destinysend RSS Feed
WoW Characters
heh you'll love some of the alterac quests, the repeatable ones. if i remember right u get ~1g per turn in. each turnin is like one kill/loot. so more u slaughter the more cash/rep you get.
destinysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 08:33 PM   #15
iggdawg

iggdawg RSS Feed
WoW Characters
Send a message via AIM to iggdawg
I posted a new thread before I saw this one. Attention span something something...

Needless to say, I really dig BG. Check my thread to see how much hunters don;t suck in AV.

Allied Tribal Forces > Main Forums > Other Games > World of Warcraft